Tuesday, October 2, 2012

10 Months

 I'm 10 months old!
 
 You wanted to rip your 10 month sticker to shreds.
 And you cried when I told you not to!
 Man!


This pretty much sums up trying to take your picture these days.


Oh, those eyes!
 Rhett,
You are 2 days away from being 11 months and I'm just writing about you at 10.  Oops!  I guess you could say you have been keeping me busy.  You are doing so many new fun things I can hope I can remember them all, but I'm sure I won't be able to keep it all straight.  Here's what you've been up to:
  • You weigh at least 25 pounds and seem to be getting longer and longer.  You need to start walking soon because it wears me out carrying you around!
  • You are eating 3 meals of food and 3 bottles a day.  You have tried lots of new foods!  Spaghetti, turkey, cheese, toast, raspberries, blueberries, pears, potatoes, chicken pot pie, Sonic tots, really anything we're eating that I think you can handle.  You are really loving feeding yourself! Cheerios on your high chair tray can buy me some serious time!
  • You are really doing great with sister's new schedule.  I have to wake you up early from your morning nap twice a week and throw you in the car seat, but you never fuss about any of it.  You do try to wrestle me down during gymnastics though.  I guess we're alll getting a work-out!
  • You are crawling fast, everywhere! You can crawl on your hands and knees, but drop down into army crawl mode because it is faster.  You keeping getting blisters on your big toes from pushing against our hardwood the way you crawl.  You crawl all over the house this way.  I should put a swiffer on your tummy and let you do the floors.  For real, my floors can never be clean enough.
  • You can pull up to standing.
  • You love to play in Mary Ella's room.  You make a bee line for her room anytime the door is open.  You get in her closet and pull out her toys or books or start pulling things out of her kitchen.  Oh, and let's not forget poor Cinderella's castle.  You are so destructive!  If you get your hands on a magazine, you will rip it to pieces!
  • You are really great at blowing raspberries!
  • You say "mama" and "bye bye" and you make the same sound as bye for "ball" and "bite." 
  • You can also wave "bye" and "hello."  When I pick you up from your nap and hold you in the mirror you put up one hand like you're waving at us.  It is so cute!
  • You have been so lovey dovey lately!  You kiss ME every time we say "kiss sister."  And you have been kissing me and giving me real hugs.
  • You can play peek-a-boo by yourself and can really clap your hands now!
  • You can also give fives!
  • You are into everything!  I really cannot take my eyes off of you.  You would pull a lamp or a piece of furniture down on you or choke on something you found under the couch or who knows what else!  I'm trying to teach you what "no no" means and it's not working so well.  Well, I think you know, but you don't listen.  You may stop and look at me, but you go right back to it.  I have begun to spat your little hand and you either think it is funny and go again or you are devastated!  I mean, devastated!  You cry and reach out for me to comfort you.  So I do, I'm pretty sure I will coddle you more than ME ever could have dreamed.  Oh well, you are my baby.  But you're going to have to learn what "no" means!
  • You really need a haircut!  That's one reason, albeit silly, that I'm so late on this post.  I kept waiting for Daddy to take you, and last Saturday he was going to, but I shut your face in your car seat.  Yes, I said your face!  He grabbed the Bumbo, and I was buckling you in your seat, and I pinched your jaw fat in the top buckle.  Now I have pinched a leg in a car seat, but never a face!  I felt so bad, because I knew it HURT!  It pouched out, turned white, and then opened and began to bleed.  You had two little spots that looked like a snake bite.  You cried and cried and snubbed and snubbed.  I just held you and said forget the haircut.  Hey, that's what happens when you have fat babies...somebody's jaw might get caught in the car seat!
  • You are my sweet, sweet boy, and I couldn't love you more!  I mean seriously I almost cry daily when I hold you and look at you and squeeze you and think about just how wonderful you are.  You are such a blessing to us all!
 11.4.11
 12.4.11
 1.4.12
 2.4.12
 3.4.12
 4.4.12
 5.4.12
 6.4.12
 7.4.12
 8.4.12
9.4.12 (not so much, but let's pretend)

No comments:

Post a Comment