Thursday, October 25, 2012

11 Months

I'm 11 months old and don't want to be still for a second!  Ha!


I will always smile for sister.

Cutting more teeth

 Sweet Rhett,
You will be one so soon...I cannot believe it!  You are my love, and it's very hard to let go of the last of these baby days.  I know you're not really a baby now, but one officially means toddler, right?  There are only so many more bottles left, so many more days until you begin to walk and run, and it's just flying by waaay too fast!  We love everyday with you, and I love your sweet mixed with wild personality so!  Here's what you've been up to...
  • You probably weigh 26-27 pounds. I think you're getting taller too.  Sometimes I know you grown over night or a nap.  When I carry you around people comment on how strong I have to be and how I must not need to work out.  Not so much, but I'm sure you do burn a few calories here and there.  You look ginormous when sitting on a lap drinking a bottle.  If someone didn't know your age they would probably think, "Geez, woman, it's time to take the bottle away from your 2 year old."  I think it's all that hair that makes you look older too.
  • You wear mostly 18 month clothes, some 12 and some 24.  Your wear a size 5 shoe.
  • You eat 3 meals and 3 bottles a day.  You have gotten really good at picking up small pieces of food, so I try to let you feed yourself as often as possible.  It saves time, and you enjoy it more!  You are really almost done with baby food and eat mostly what we're eating.  You love Mama's chicken pot pie, taco soup, and chicken and dumplings.  You also love Pa's peas, any fruit, any meat, any vegetable, especially zucchini, well, you just love it all!  I don't know if you're better at this eating thing or if I'm just more relaxed with you, but you just chew and get stuff down so well.  ME was more of a choker, and it just scared me to death.  But I'm just so pleased with you're eating!
  • You crawl on all fours now.  I love the pat, pat, pat of your hands as you crawl on the hardwood.  You love to crawl and explore all over the house, but it's really safer if we keep doors closed and try to contain you because you are into e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.  When you crawl towards something you're not supposed to have, and we say, "No, no Rhett."  You just crawl faster!
  • You are pulling up on everything and cruising like a champ!  You think you can let go and be fine, but you bust your head multiple times daily.  I don't think you'll be walking by one, but I don't think it will be too long after. I'm afraid you will be a climber too.  You really have no fear and do everything full force.  Like you would crawl off the bed or up the stairs or eat everything in sight if we let you!  You also try to push furniture around the house.  You can make it all the way across the living room with our small chair ottomans, and you get mad when they come to a stop.  But you can't quite keep up with any push toys yet.
  • You got your first front tooth this month and chipped it before it ever came in all the way!
  • You can put your hands up to call the Hogs and sometimes say "Woo" in your deep baby voice.
  • You say "mama," "dada," "papa," "Bible," "baba" (bottle), "bye bye," and "ball" and something for "hi."
  • You have been so sweet to let me cuddle and rock you recently.  If I have your blanket you will curl up under it and lay your head on me.  I love it!
  • You love bathtime, and you get to play in there while I get Mary Ella dressed.  I let the water out, and you crawl around and go crazy doing belly busters and sliding from one end to the other.  It's like a slip n slide up in the bathroom!
  • You had 2 more ear infections this month.  I think it may have been the same one the second time, so Dr. Smith had to give you a prescription he wanted to avoid with your penicillin allergy.  But you did fine, and we got rid of the infection.  He said your ears looked so good, that he would never know you even had an infection.  I hope we don't have to get tubes, but we want to keep those ears healthy.  You seem to get one anytime you have snot.
  • Your favorite thing to play with right now is ME's kitchen.  You make a beeline for her room anytime the door is open and completely destroy it in 2 seconds.  I mean you pull every spoon, fork, pot, pan, piece of food out in the floor.  You love to play with it all, but not nicely.  I'm so thankful she doesn't mind cleaning up after you, YET.
  • You also make a truck/car sound with your mouth when you push toys around.
  • You love to be outside, and especially love to swing.  You smile and kick and squeal like it is the best thing ever.
  • You are a Mama's boy to the core.  I don't realize it until we spend time with family or someone at church wants to hold you.  You'll go, but you want to come right back to Mama.
  • I love to see you shake your head and rock your body and dance when you hear music, especially the Arkansas fight song.
  • You love to do "Mother and Father and Uncle John" and "I'm in the Lord's Army" on my lap.
  • You are a bundle of joy and energy, and the way you smile with your eyes before your smile with your mouth is one of my favorite things.  I love you sweet boy!
 11.4.11
 12.4.11
 1.4.12
 2.4.12
 3.4.12
 4.4.12
 5.4.12
 6.4.12
 7.4.12
 8.4.12
 9.4.12
10.4.12

No comments:

Post a Comment