Saturday, September 29, 2012

46 Weeks

 46 Weeks Old

 On Monday of this week we were traveling back from Arkansas.  Brad also started his new job.  He is now the CFO of VISN 16.  That means he oversees the finances of 10 VA hospitals in the southeast.  If you think I'm bragging, I might be.  We are so, so proud of him!  When I married him I never saw past him being a budget analyst at the Fayetteville VA.  Not because I didn't think he would be successful or could be anything he wanted to be.  Anyone that knows Brad knows he is capable of doing anything he sets his mind to.  That piece just didn't factor into my decision because he had all of the other qualities I was looking for in a husband.  I didn't care what his job description was.  He could still be a budget analyst, and I wouldn't care.  But 9 years later I continue to be amazed at what he has done in his career at such a young age.  He has been a budget analyst for the VISN, CFO of the LR VA, Deputy CFO of the VISN, and now he is a VISN CFO.  The youngest in the country, I might add.  I cannot even imagine what kind of pressure that must be and what stress he must endure.  But it has allowed me to be exactly where I want to be...home with my babies.  I only hope he knows how much I appreciate this huge blessing that I see as a luxury. And I hope I can make him proud by being just as diligent in my job as he has been in his.  Love you, babe!
What a mess!
 Tuesday after 2 doctors appointments, we got back into the swing of things.  I gave in and went to the doctor for a sinus infection I had been trying to kick on my own.  And I was concerned that Rhett's ears were still infected and they were.  Thankfully, he has done fine on the Suprax.  Armed with meds, we got on with our week and got ready for our company later in the week, my mom and Jenn.


 My mom and Jennifer arrived in time for supper Wednesday night.  We like to have breakfast for supper every now and then, and it was "B" week, so ME enjoyed bear pancakes with bananas and blueberries.
 Thursday we took a picnic lunch to the park.  Rhett really showed out on the swings.  He LOVES to swing!






Driving the firetruck




 Friday we shopped and had lunch at Corner Bakery.  We went to Monogram Express for the first time.  I think I'll be going back.  They have lots of cute gift items and boast having one of the largest selections of TOMS in the south.  As, you can see ME also visited her friends at Old Navy.  ME and Rhett were treated to new pairs of New Balances on our shopping excursion.  Thanks, Mia!

I had to tell her she couldn't ride the dog.

No fair weather fans here!  We still dress the part. What else can you do?

And I still make tasty treats on game day like these Reese's cupcakes.  The frosting tastes exactly like the middle of a Reese's.
 We had so much fun with Jenn and Mia!  ME played so hard, and Rhett showed off all of his new tricks.  They couldn't stay for the game on Saturday (please, what game? Rutgers?), so I had to break out our Arkansas Razorbacks CD and show them how the kids go crazy.  ME thinks she is a Razorback cheerleader and Rhett claps and bucks so hard it's impossible to hold him when the band plays the fight song.  He will put one hand up and say, "Ooh" in his deep voice when you call the Hogs.  Make no mistake about it, we are raising Arkansas fans in this Mississippi home.  Maybe we can turn it around by the time they are in college.  Ha!
 After Sunday naps, we made banana splits for "B" week.  Honestly if you could see our house in the afternoon it looks pretty much like this. ME just sleeps in panties for her nap because she gets so hot when she sleeps, especially when we have the air turned up during the day.  And sometimes she doesn't get dressed again until pj time.
My Mimi was a fearless entertainer.  Who has banana split glass plates? She did!  And I'm so proud to have them!

Yummy!  Banana splits always make me think of my Daddy Law.  He used to take me to Dairy Queen, and we'd split a banana split.  Maybe that's why Mimi invested in banana split glassware. ;)

 And a few of my loves in their Sunday best...



No comments:

Post a Comment