Tuesday, September 18, 2012

45 Weeks

 45 Weeks Old








 This week was spent half in MS and half in AR.  These pics were taken on Gigi and Papa's porch Sunday morning before church.  How cute are they?  Let's back up to Monday...
 Cooler temperatures meant more outside playtime



Love this pic, and I love special times when it's just me and my girl.  Rhett was inside napping.

We practiced letters with sidewalk chalk.  She can write many on her own, but likes tracing Mommy's too.


And we played hopscotch
 We are pretty much tied up in the middle of the week with dance and gymnastics.  And we go to story time twice a week.  I have to say I'm really loving that we have a more structured week.  We decided (with the Mullises) to start doing a letter a week.  So, we started with "A."  ME was loving "A week."  I always tell her to "listen to her teacher" when she goes to dance and gymnastics.  So, when we sat down to talk about the letter A and write words that start with A on the markerboard she said, "I listen to my teacher."  That would be moi.  ;)  Ms. Lizzie helped us check out books about alligators and ants and apples and so forth.  I don't plan on doing any sort of strict lessons or really anything structured.  We'll probably just do some art projects or fun activities like eating apples with caramel dip.  Anyway, we stayed in town until Thursday, and then headed to NWA for Reese and Eli's 5th birthday party and the Alabama weekend (ugh)!
They chose to celebrate with dinner at Jose's.  Ha!

Kid table

Look-alike cousins


Then we went over to Fun City for some "fun"...ME loved it!

Sharing my surprise chocolate mess at Marketplace with ME
 I forgot to mention that this was my birthday week too.  Turning 32 is so exciting, y'all!  Ha!  It was actually on Wednesday, and Brad came home with flowers and a cookie cake.  And Nathan and Lauren ordered pizza.  I had already ordered my bday present online...my first mommy purchase from Lolly Wolly Doodle...we'll see how that turns out!  But, I had more birthday money to spend, so on Saturday, Joe and Rita kept the kids and I got to shop ALL by myself for MYSELF.  It was sooo nice!  Thank you, thank you!  The day went downhill from there when we got completely embarrassed by Bama, but we still had fun at Mike and Julie's with the cousins.  Sunday was church, Marketplace lunch, a visit with Nancy and Leonard and church again. 
I shared with all the little critters ;)

Monday, we had an uneventful drive home.  We stopped for lunch at Sonic, and I let Rhett stretch and play in the car for a while.  Poor boo boo came home with more snot.  His ears are still infected.  So, we're having to try an antibiotic that Dr. Smith wanted to avoid.  It's related to the penicillin family, so please pray he doesn't have a reaction!
And this pic was from last week's lunch with Miles...I stole it from Kristy's blog

Little sister and little brother lunched too

1 comment: