Wednesday, September 12, 2012

44 Weeks

44 Weeks Old 
 Rhett came back from our trip with a double ear infection.  The poor baby must be allergic to Arkansas...happens every time.  So, he was a little out of sorts this week.  I caught him falling asleep sitting up on the monitor, so of course I had to sneak in for a pic.
Poor bebe

 I didn't make it to the grocery store until Wednesday this week, and we were out of EVERYTHING, but I did scrounge up these ingredients for supper Tuesday.  And I knew Mary Ella would enjoy making and eating these little pizzas.  All you need is crescent rolls, marinara, mozzarella, and pepperoni.  You lay the rolls out, fill them up, and fold over.
She loves to help in the kitchen, or really help Mommy with anything.



How her pizzas turned out

How I found my babes one night after baths and before bedtime






 Something just clicked this week with them.  They are starting to play together, and it is just the sweetest, most precious thing ever!  He army-crawl-chases her around while she runs and squeals.  They play and read books in her tent.  They wrestle with the Cinderella balloon that is STILL floating around our house.  She loves to feed him snacks and play in bed with him when he wakes up.  He will kiss her every.single.time you say "kiss sister," not so for Mommy or Daddy.  He mimics the sounds she makes, and they have the exact same laugh when they both get tickled.  I was more entertained by watching them play in the floor together than I was by the Arkansas football game Saturday (which is not saying much, but I'm talking first half before we completely BLEW IT)!

Dressed for game day



I think Daddy was jumping around singing the fight song!

This is one loooved Hog shirt.  It has been passed from Trey to Eli to Rhett.  I personally love that it is so worn in!
 So, Saturdays loss was devastating.  I can't even talk about it.  But at least we enjoyed good food.  I decorated my kitchen with Hog stuff this week, so all of my Arkansas platters were washed and ready...
Cobb salad sandwiches with avocado mayo from this months SL tailgating section

And from the cover...caramel apple muffins



They were yumm-o!

I had already planned on dressing the kids in their Arkansas garb for church Sunday.  I almost re-considered after the loss, but I thought "What the heck?  It's not going to get any better next week against Alabama!"


We had a good week despite the bad, bad football vibes.  It was nice to get a taste of our schedule for fall...gymnastics, dance, preschool storytime, baby bookworms, and Saturday football! We love our Hogs around here, no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment