Saturday, November 17, 2012

Rhett's 1st birthday {party details}

So, deleting pictures is not my strength.  I've decided to break Rhett's party up into several posts or I might blow up my computer.  Ha!  I had so much fun with this one! It all started with his birthday shirt (the elephant and balloon).  Throw in some chevron, red and blue, birthday buntings, and bowties, and you've got a first birthday to remember!

I always thought water bottle wrappers were cute, but not a necessity.  I wouldn't have ordered them by themselves, but they came with the birthday package I ordered on etsy, so of course I printed and used them.


Made these party props for pictures

His party was right after church, so I served a lunch of taco soup, chicken tortilla soup, and yummy baked enchilada dip.



Rick's Bakery did his cake.  And I made the cake topper (I found one on etsy and thought I could make my own).





Sam's cupcakes




I added the little bowties to the elephants ;)


Cotton candy

Lollipops for favors



I also made his birthday hat (from an idea I got on etsy).  See why I don't pinterest?  Etsy is enough to blow my little mind! 



This was the canvas I painted with white and blue chevron stripes. And then I stole the picture collage idea from my good friend Ann Elise. She did one for her son's first birthday, and I thought it was sooo special! I LOVED how Rhett's turned out! I printed out all of my favorite pictures of Rhett from birth to one year. They are in chronological order, and I included a pic of him with his monthly stickers, so you can see how the months go by. I won't lie, it was a lot of work, but it was well worth it! And it is going to fit perfectly in his room above his dresser, so we can enjoy it until he gets big enough to ask for it to come down ;)
Invite


Made the birthday buntings "rhett" and "one"

Mia with the birthday bowtie boy


Yes, he got a bad haircut right before we left for Arkansas.  Can you say flat top? Why???


Adorable




At this point, I don't think he had a clue all of this was for him.  And let's be honest, it was mostly for Mama's enjoyment, but I do hope he will look back on pictures and know how much he was loved, and how we tried to make the celebration of his first year of life so special. 

So, he didn't know it was all about him in this picture...but he caught on when the presents and cake started rolling in ;)


More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment