Saturday, July 7, 2012

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

Tuesday Brad was in his meeting all day, and we only had one thing planned- an appointment at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Downtown Disney at 4:30 in the afternoon.  We slept in, had breakfast, and put the kids down for an early nap, so the girl would be all ready for her princess makeover.  Now, I have to make a confession.  I sort of fibbed when I called to book the appointment and told one of the fairy godmothers that Mary Ella was 3 (that's when you can do it...she'll be 3 in just a few short weeks)!  This totally goes against my morals, but I had my reasoning all thought out.  1. I knew she would LOVE it, and I would love watching her love it.  2. I knew she would be well behaved.  3. I didn't know if we would have another chance to do it. We've been to Orlando 2 years in a row for business, but there's no guarantee that Brad will ever have a meeting there again.  And Mr. Harriman isn't the type of person to take off a week and take his kids on a Disney vacation.  I just don't see us ever doing that whole week, go to a different park every day type of trip.  So... I lied.  And I'm sorry I was dishonest, but I'm not sorry she got to experience it.  It was definitely our favorite thing!  And she was ALMOST 3 right?
Before our appointment we had a late lunch at The Rainforest Cafe.

Um, yeah, the 3 girls totally ordered the brownie volcano.  We didn't eat it all, but we sure tried.

We also looked around at all the fun Lego displays.


How cool is that?

Let's get this party started!

If you're not familiar with the BBB you might be surprised to see how ME's hair turned out.  I promise there are hundreds of little girls walking around Disney with that exact same slick-backed look.  There are 3 styles: the classic princess (bun with crown), the diva princess (bun with hideous hair extensions), and the pop princess (bun with hideous PINK hair extensions).  I don't know why those are the only options and why there is so much gel and hair spray involved.  The only thing I can figure is they want to keep it simple so they can herd as many little girls through there as possible.  Maybe it takes too long to roll it and actually style it?  And maybe they are afraid of the liability that would go with involving a curling iron.  Or maybe they want to make sure not a piece falls while they ride Space Mountain.  But one thing is for sure...they have a very specific method and that hair ain't going anywhere when they're finished.  Which style did ME choose?  Why, the pop princess with pink hair, of course!  Mommy politely intervened and pointed out that surely she wanted to choose the style with the crown.  Worked like magic!
She had 2 fairy godmothers-in-training, one working on hair, and one doing her nails and makeup.

I could not get enough of her sweet expressions!



Can you say l.o.v.i.n.g. it?

Rhett wasn't loving it so much, and I didn't love that they didn't allow strollers, so I had to hold the squirmy chunk the whole time.

I guess he wanted the pirate makeover ;)

She got all serious during the makeup part (and picked the brighest green eye shadow)!  I intervened there too!

She kills me!


Holding that hand still while her nails dry ;)  They even fanned them for her!

Why won't she hold this still while I'm fixing her hair?



Getting a little sprinkle of pixie dust (aka glitter)



A little more hairspray

Getting sash-ed


She couldn't see herself the whole time.  I loved that they crossed her feet and hands and had her close her eyes before they spun her around.  Using the glitter from the magic wand and saying the magic words was fun too!
Here we go...

Bibbidi

Bobbidi

Boo

Here is the funny part...she had absolutely no expression when she opened her eyes!  I had my camera set to shoot continuously, so I could get her reaction, and I probably had to delete 6 in a row that looked exactly like this.  SHE DIDN'T RECOGNIZE HERSELF!  Ha!  I kept waiting for it, but she had no idea until I touched her, and said, "That's you Mary Ella!  You turned into Cinderella!"

See what I mean? It was hilarious!  Jenn and I were laughing so hard!

Here is the first little hint of a grin after she saw me touching her in the mirror.


She looked over at her fairy godmother. :)

And back in the mirror.

And then she finally gets it!

And gets a little teased ;)

Going to get her goody bag...she got to keep all the makeup and nail polish and extra stickers.

And she got to sign the princess book

She was ready to strut her stuff!











Holy cow!  Who taught her the pageant pose?


I wanted to take a picture of the back of her dress, and she shook her booty.



I think Aunt Jenn had fun too!
Mommy's little princess







Rhett was so over it!

I think my favorite part of the whole day was when she showed Daddy her new look.  I told him he had to take his princess out somewhere nice, so we met him at Bonefish when he got out of his meeting.  The kids and Jenn and I got there first and got set up with a table.  ME had to go to the bathroom, and when we got back Brad was sitting at our table.  You should have seen how proud she was for him to see her.  She twirled and bowed and batted her eyes and gave him plenty of time to make a big to-do over her.  It is amazing to me how much that little girl looks to her daddy for affirmation.  She likes to hear nice things from me to, but it's different coming from Daddy.  I hope he always remembers that.  When we're at home she runs in to show him each time she puts on a new outfit, and she even runs in after her bath and says, "look at me daddy, I'm naked."  I don't know what that has to do with anything, but she always wants to know that he approves.  The other day she was riding her Mickey Mouse car around the house and singing a new song she had made up.  She was singing about finding a prince and getting married.  I said, "I like that song. Did you say you are getting married?"  She said that she was going to marry Daddy and live happily ever after.  "And you can come too, Mommy."  Oh okay, thanks. ;)
Fun times!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, okay...I cried several times reading this. The whole thing - every second - is priceless. I think I should be you next daughter : ) AE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post! BBB looks like so much fun...wish I could have done that when I was younger. Looks like y'all had a great time on vacation!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her reaction to herself was the cutest thing!! What a fun thing to do!!!

    ReplyDelete