Sunday, July 29, 2012

38 Weeks

 38 Weeks Old


 I was saving this sweet linen outfit for Rhett's 6 month portraits which ended up being 8 month portraits because we had to re-schedule twice.  So, by the time I got him in it seams were ripping.  It is so tight on his arms I couldn't even bare to make him wear it to church, so I snapped some photos at home to document the cuteness.

Awww




Mom, this outfit is so stiff!





Watching sister

 Another week of summer gone by...swimming with friends, story time with a beach theme, froyo treats, and a summer cold.  What?  Yep, the kids and I all got snotty one day last week, and it carried over into this week.  By Thursday, Rhett wasn't napping well, so I went ahead and took them both to see Dr. Smith.  ME was clear, but as I suspected, Rhett had an ear infection.  Dr. Smith was sure to call him in some antibiotics as far from penicillin as possible.  He has done well so far on the zithromax.  Over the weekend, we got some beach traffic.  Friday night Randy and Lindsay stayed the night on their way to the beach, and Saturday night Ashley, Adam, and Caleb stopped and stayed on their way home from the beach.  It was so good to finally meet Caleb and visit with Ash!

 Rhett is one month younger than Caleb, but as you can see he has a few pounds on him...like 8.  But Caleb could run circles around the fat boy.  He is crawling and cruising and trying to take steps.  I was hoping a little friendly competition might give us some motivation. ;)
I can't crawl, but I'll clap for ya buddy!


ME entertained as always

This boy is a mess when he eats!

How does this happen when I'm feeding him?  He puts his hands in his mouth, grabs the spoon, and has an eagle eye when you drop some. He smears it and pats until it splatters everywhere!



Bathtime!



 I'm probably about 3 months behind most parents, but I just now took Rhett out of the baby tub in the big tub.  He is one slippery boy when he gets wet, but thankfully ME's tub has the rough stuff on the bottom.  He loves this new freedom, and between these two, I end up wet every time!
Finally got my blue frames from Mother's Day hung



Love Rustic Creations!
 We will be in Olympic mode around here this week...so exciting!  But what in the world were the opening ceremonies about?  I guess we just didn't get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment