Tuesday, July 17, 2012

35 Weeks

35 Weeks Old


He is a very busy and rough boy!
I really can't remember exactly what we did this week.  I know it was the week of July 4th and that Friday we had portraits made with Jeanelle Caraway because he wore the above outfit in some pictures.  Oh well!  I'm almost up to date...

Daddy was home on the 4th, so we had a little pool time.  Mary Ella and I also snuck out for some girl time to see Brave.  I made the red velvet berry cobbler on the front of July's Southern Living, and Brad grilled burgers.  Oh yeah, I tried a few more new recipes this week from SL because I was inspired by Pa's fresh tomatoes.  I made okra cakes and topped them with homemade pimento cheese and a fresh tomato slice, and I tried to make tomato pie (AE, I really need your recipe because this one didn't turn out so good). 




On our way to church Wednesday night we stopped at a local fireworks stand.  All I requested were sparklers for ME, but of course Brad came out with a bag full of stuff.  Are all men pyros?  Yes!  So, we had planned on going to see the fireworks in Madison, but had some time to kill between church and 9.  We came back by the house so Brad could do his fireworks show in the driveway even though it's illegal in city limits. 

So, I was trying to get a picture of them in the wagon, when Brad started shooting stuff off...





It didn't end well.  We didn't make it to the city fireworks, but atleast no one got arrested!  Just two screaming, terrified babies...we decided to call it a night.  Happy 4th! ;)

1 comment: