Saturday, April 2, 2011

Nashville

Monday thru Friday this week we stayed in Nashville at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. Brad's conference was in the hotel, so Mary Ella and I were always close by. We met up for lunch everyday. It's a good thing there was so much to see and do there, because we didn't get out much. The weather was cold and nasty. I'm so thankful I didn't put ME's winter clothes away because she needed them!
This was at the indoor pool. Outside it was brrr!
Ready to go!
During the day we just explored the hotel. ME loved looking at all of the flowers and fountains.


Whoa! Daddy put me up in a tree!

And she spent a TON of time doing this...climbing up and down stairs.


Coming in from dinner...brrr
Wednesday night we had dinner in Franklin, TN with one of Brad's VA buddies. It was a beautiful town. We were on the lookout for country music stars, but didn't see any. ;)



Loving on the Opryland Bear


Our last night I picked a Southern Living- recommended restaurant, Macke's, in Green Hills to try. It was pretty good. As you can probably tell, we are all about the food when we travel. And Birch joined us. This pic cracks me up. ME wanted to hold both of their hands! They got more than a few looks walking out of the hotel. It was a fun and pretty relaxing trip for me. We really just hung out at the hotel and met up with Brad when he was done with meetings. In the afternoons I sometimes napped while ME did. Not bad! And I didn't shop at all, so I didn't spend any money. Which means there is a better chance of Daddy letting us tag along again! Ha! I would have liked to have seen more of the city, but it was just not good weather to get out and explore. We would have gone to the Grand Ole Opry because I think ME would have enjoyed it, but no one good was playing. We got lucky last time we were in Nashville. We saw Brad Paisley, Dirks Bentley, and Blake Shelton all in one night! Maybe next time...

1 comment: