Thursday, April 7, 2011

April 3rd: A Love Story

On April 3rd, Brad and I celebrated 10 years together. It was on that day 10 years ago that we went on our very first date. I love our story. It always makes me happy thinking about it, and it goes something like this... We first saw each other from across the room at a devo at the Razorbacks for Christ Student Center on the University of Arkansas campus one Tuesday night in March. I was a sophmore, and he was a junior. He introduced himself with a very cheesy line that still makes me giggle, "Are you feeling lonely tonight?" Actually I was. I had just broken up with a boyfriend of almost 3 years, but he didn't know that. He was told that I did have a boyfriend, but he still proceeded to follow me around the crowded student center each Tuesday night for atleast a month. And I got giddy everytime I spotted him on campus. It was a fun chase, and we both had it bad! He finally got the news that I was single and asked me out on Tuesday, April 3rd right after I held his sweaty hand while he said the closing prayer. Actually, he asked me if I wanted to come get ice cream with a group at Shakey's, but I ended up in his Jeep alone with him. We had ice cream, and instead of driving me home to the Kappa house, he parked at the Student Center and asked if he could walk me home...it was just around the corner. Well, we walked around the corner and more. We walked all over campus and sat at the Greek Theatre and talked forever. I think I finally got home at 11:00. Oh, and I forgot to mention that I was supposed to have a date that night with another guy I had gone out with a few times. I was supposed to call him after devo, and we were going to do something. Oops! I obviously liked Brad alot more, and after our group ice cream turned into a one-on-one date, I knew something special was about to happen. That night he mentioned that I should come to church in Johnson with him sometime (I went to church in Fayetteville). Well, the next day, Wednesday, he called to invite me to church and have dinner at his parents' house. Wow! So, that was some pressure. I met and had dinner with his parents and had no idea I was about to meet his entire family at church that night. We never really turned back after that. That Friday we had our first "date night" at Marketplace and watched a movie, and I kissed him (we kissed each other) when he dropped me off. That would have NEVER happened with anyone else. If you know me well, you know that is just crazy! So that's it! The rest is history, and I wouldn't want to spend the past 10 years or the rest of my life with anyone else. Sometimes he makes me so mad I could choke him, but at the end of the day he is my one true love, my best friend, and now, my baby daddy. ;) I love you, Bradley Joe!

1 comment:

  1. I love that and I love that you've written it down for sweet Miss Mary Ella to read one of these days! She will treasure it!

    ReplyDelete