Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Fun at the Zoo

Last Friday, Julie, Anna, Trey, Mary Ella, and I met Jennifer, Audrey, Leah, and Leslie at the zoo. I'm sure the Little Rock Zoo is not the best ever zoo experience, but pretty much if they had it, we saw it. It was the perfect day! The weather was great and all the animals were out and about, playing and enjoying the sunshine.
We saw monkeys swinging and talking to each other.

Mary Ella had the best time. Although the cousins wore her OUT, she loved every minute of it! She might have noticed some of the animals, but I think she had her eyes on the monkeys we brought to the zoo.

We got to see the giraffes super close-up.

Ewww

I did get ME out of her stroller to see the giraffes since they were so noticeable. She was really looking at them. Oh, and Aunt Julie took her in to see the vampire bats. Not my cup of tea.

Lazy lions

It was great seeing the lion close-up through the glass. We also saw a grizzly bear right up against the glass.

Thought this bird had a cool 'do

Black bear

Leah, Trey, Audrey, and Anna
ME also enjoyed Trey and Anna's LR cousins.

Audrey and Anna were being bears, but Leah and Trey were too cool.

Saw the gorilla up close too. The baby gorillas were cute rolling and playing with each other.

Had fun at the farm exhibit too!

Anna, the squirrel

Mary Ella, the chubby squirrel

We really only took one little break to stop for a cotton candy snack. Unfortunately for ME, all she had was applesauce and squash. Toward the end Julie showed me how to lay the stroller back (I don't know how to use my own baby gear), and ME enjoyed riding like that too.

Kicked back
Our last stop was letting the kids ride the carousel. I didn't get a picture of that because I was busy doing the first public diaper change of the day, yes I said first and public, and trying to get ME to take her bottle in the midst of all the distractions. It was a fun day at the zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment