Monday, March 15, 2010

31 Weeks

31 Weeks Old







This week the weather was beautiful! I am so excited spring is here, hopefully! We went on walks with Lindsay and Gunnar. If I keep hanging out with that girl, she is going to get my booty back in shape! We walked all the way to Brodie Creek, which is uphill, to see the ducks one day! It was fun because I think Mary Ella really enjoys being outside. But one day toward the end of one of our walks she started fussing. She would cry and then stop, and then Gunnar who hadn't made a peep, would cry out. They went back and forth for a little while. Too funny! We also had lunch with one of my roomates in the Kappa house, Sammi. I had lots of roomies in the Kappa house because you switch every semester. My sophomore year first semester I lived with Sammi, then Lauren, Jessica, Leslie, and Sammi again. My junior year I lived with a different Lauren first semester and Jeanna second semester. I can't say that I've been great about keeping in touch with everyone, but it's always fun catching up with Sammi, and she loved seeing Mary Ella for the first time. Will ME be a Kappa one day? I hope so!

This week we played with my exercise ball a little bit. I rolled it back and forth and bounced it for her and bounced her on it.

Kissing the ball

Cheesy grin- Is there anything sweeter than a baby in footed pajamas? These are my favorite because they remind me of Strawberry Shortcake.

It does no good anymore to try to keep ME on a quilt with the way she rolls. So, we have been spending alot of time playing upstairs. We have a large bonus room that I have kind of divided into 3 sections. One is our family room/Razorback room where we watch T.V. and just hang out. Then there is an office area. Then we have an open space which will eventually be like a playroom. I envision it with kid furniture like a table and chairs, an art space, a play kitchen, bookshelves etc. But right now it is a big empty space, perfect for rolling. She just rolls and rolls until she runs into something. Then I pick her up and re-direct the rolling. I'm guessing this is also where we will camp out when she starts crawling so she can really get around. I love my hardwood downstairs, but it doesn't seem like that would feel too good?

And here come the tongue pictures...









She is crazy about that tongue!

We had to wear our Hog gear on Thursday because, well, I didn't have much faith they would make it to the next round of the SEC tournament. Sorry, Brad and Mike. I know you guys are forever optimists, but maybe next year!



More rolling...into the toy closet

And to the toy basket

And a new trick...Does doing gymnastics off the bar mean she is too big for the bouncy seat? And that it's too dangerous to sit her on the bathroom counter?

That has probably always been dangerous. Guess it's time to pack it away and lug the exersaucer into the bathroom while I'm getting ready.

On Saturday Super Uncle Cole, Jennifer, and Mia came for a little visit. We played with the girl and had Fresh Market burgers. Saturday night after they left, we put Mary Ella to bed early, and Brad and I watched a movie. She has turned into such a great sleeper! We have been taking turns putting her to bed at night (thanks for this idea Ashley)! And one night this week Brad said after her layed her down he couldn't see her face on the monitor, so he went back in to check on her. She was laying on her side wide awake, saw him, and flashed him the biggest smile. Is this our child? Before if she had spotted us she would have a fit for us to pick her up. He walked out, and I guess she went right to sleep. I love hearing her in the mornings singing and talking on the monitor when she wakes up. She has been sleeping until 7:30 or even 7:45! Wonderful!

Sunday when I was getting Mary Ella dressed for church Brad walked in and asked, "Are you really going to make her wear that flower on her head?" Of course I was! And she never touched it. After church we ate at Olive Garden, an oldie but goodie, and ME was stopping traffic. Everyone stopped to comment on how sweet and cute she was. Brad thought it was just the enormous flower on her head, but I told him that happens everywhere we go! Also, after church Sunday night the people sitting behind us commented on how ME seems to love music. She has started rocking back and forth when she's sitting and standing, and you should see me trying to hold her when she gets to going while I'm holding her. So I guess she was rocking while we were singing. Friday night she was funny. Brad came home with a Black-Eyed Peas CD and after dinner we had a little dance session in the kitchen. She loves to watch us dance. Mary Ella was rocking back and forth in her high chair. We're going to have to explain to her that she needs to tone it down for church. Ha!



Laughing at Daddy and Ginger









This face is a new thing. She has started chomping on her lower lip and gums like an old man without his dentures!





Looking at her new bunny Mia brought her

And loving it..aww

No comments:

Post a Comment