Sunday, March 21, 2010

32 Weeks

32 Weeks Old







This week Mary Ella and I took a little Spring Break down to South Arkansas to see my family. We waited until Tuesday so I could go to Bunko Monday night. I am just loving my Bunko girls! Anyway, Tuesday morning we got up, and I started getting everything together so we could head out during her morning nap. Anyone that has ever traveled with a baby knows how much stuff it takes- it really is an ordeal, especially by yourself. By the time I got everything packed and loaded in the car and the girl in the carseat, I was probably sweating. So you can imagine how disappointed I was when the Land Rover wouldn't start. Great. I called Brad not too happy expecting that I would have to unload the car and wait for another day. But my sweetie came home for lunch and got it going. We had just gotten a new battery and the wires or something had come loose. So we got to leave during her afternoon nap which was all good. We got to Hope in time to have supper at Amigo Juan with my mom, Cole, and Jennifer. Wednesday was my grandparents 62nd wedding anniversary, so we took Mary Ella down to visit, and before church that night we all went out to eat fish to celebrate. Thursday ME and I drove to Texarkana to have lunch with my very best friend, Michelle. She hadn't seen Mary Ella since a few days after she was born, so she was quite suprised at our little chunk. We had a great visit, and we got to see Kayla, Gage, and MacKenna too. Friday was our last day, so we went back down to the farm to see Nanny and Pa. We ate blueberry pie, drank sweet tea, and took ME on her first gator ride around the farm. Pa took us around all the ponds and pastures, we looked at his turkey blind, the pine trees Cole planted, and all the new things in bloom for spring. When we got down to the cows, Pa's dog got them all stirred up and they started running around. Mary Ella really enjoyed watching them. She just took it all in! She was cracking me up showing out for everyone. Nanny and Pa were just eating it up, and of course Super Uncle Cole and Mia enjoyed playing with her. We came home Friday night, and boy had Daddy been missing us!

Happy Anniversary Nanny and Pa!
Married 62 years on St. Patrick's Day
Pa encourages Mary Ella to "rip that bow" off her head!


On the farm in front of one of Pa's yellow bushes. These line the dirt road leading to their house. I tried to grow these in Mississippi with little luck. But Pa can grow anything!

Pa has always called me "Grandaddy Long Legs" or "Daddy Long Legs" for short. Yes, that would be after those spiders with the long, skinny legs. But he said he couldn't call Mary Ella that! He called her "Pudgey." Poor Mary Ella. My family always comes up with the sweetest nicknames! Ha!

Home in time to watch basketball with Daddy

And back all snug in our beds- thank goodness we didn't mess up her schedule too much!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see ME is getting good use out of her hat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad we got to visit!!! She's a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete