Wednesday, March 10, 2010

100th Post

And a new face...
Mary Ella has been sticking her tongue out ALL the time! We call this look the "Uncle Ranjo."
I noticed last time was my 99th post, so this makes 100! I started this blog to document our pregnancy and show the family back home I guess how fat I was getting. Ha! That was when we lived in Mississippi, so I guess I was preparing a place for everyone to get to keep up with Mary Ella when she got here. Even though we're back in Arkansas now, I'm sure this is read by those same family members and close friends. And I don't know who else. I know some of our Mississippi friends read to keep up with us now and some high school and college friends, but I'm sure it's not very exciting to most people. I still do it for those loved ones who care enough to make it through my ramblings (or maybe they just look at the pictures), but it turns out the number one reason I keep blogging is for me! I feel so blessed right now, and I just want to remember every little thing about Mary Ella and what we were doing during this sweet time in our lives. I always thought I might start a journal when I had children to give them one day, so this is kind of like my diary right now. I feel like it has gotten more personal and detailed as I go along. And I'm sure most of you don't care about EVERY little thing Mary Ella is doing each week, but I DO! Doing this has kept me on top of my picture taking, and I even have dates and captions to go along with them! So it's kind of like a scrapbook too. Goodness knows I'm not getting that down outside of this! I have heard that you can have your blog turned into some kind of book to keep, so that might be neat one day. So to all of my faithful readers, whoever you are, thank you for keeping up with The Harriman Family!
P.S. To those of you who are leaving me comments in Chinese, I'm sorry, but I don't understand!

3 comments:

  1. Hope this is not in Chinese! :) I totally agree with you. All the details ARE important and you will be SO glad you have written them all down. I wish I had known about blogging before Hannah was born. I am determined to get my blog printed and have looked into it. It overwhelms me right now though, so I'd highly recommend to you to not wait too long till you get too many posts to go through! Blog2Print is having 15% off of their blog books through March. I can give you the code if you're interested. I think I'm going to try to get one done and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE reading your blog. Please keep it up. This is my way of watching Mary Ella grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all love keeping up with Mary Ella & you and Brad! For Laney, Zeke, and myself, you are a highlight to our week!
    ....and the tounge sticking out thing is so Randy!!!
    Marti
    (Brad's cousin Bryan's wife just incase you are wondering!)

    ReplyDelete