Sunday, March 7, 2010

30 Weeks

30 Weeks Old










I'm not a big Osh Kosh B'Gosh fan, but I found these overalls in ME's closet and thought I better get them on her little booty while I still could. That's what I've been doing with a lot of outfits lately. Squeezing her in them before it's too late! Anyway, Osh Kosh never did much for me (except for overalls and these were a gift), until I discovered the Osh Kosh line at Target- Genuine Baby. I LOVE that stuff! They make such cute outfits for $12.99! While I would love for Mary Ella to wear a perfectly smocked dress everyday, I would have to go back to work, and even then we couldn't afford it. Even if we could, it's a little ridiculous to pay $80 for something your baby might wear twice. We'll save those for special occasions! So I'm thankful to find cute, cheap stuff for everyday atleast. The next time you're in Tarjay, check out Genuine Baby and see if you agree with me. I also found Trumpette socks at Target! They are called Trumpette Too, whatever that means?
This is what happens now when I try to contain Mary Ella on her play mat. She is rolling all over the place! The other day we were in her room, and she was on Dewey's quilt. I had to run to the kitchen to get something out of the oven, and when I got back she was halfway across the room. I put her back on her quilt, and I watched her roll ALL the way across the room! She was just rolling and smiling at me!



Week 3 of sleep training was rough, but I think we're almost there! She is going down easy for naps and bedtime and is actually taking better naps. But she still was waking up alot during the night. So, one night after getting up 6 times to soothe and pat and give paci, I decided it was time to let it rip. No more going in! The first few nights when she woke up she would cry for about 20 minutes, then it went to 10, to just fussing. And I don't want to brag too much yet, but last night we didn't hear a peep from her! I'm sure she's still waking, but she is putting herself back to sleep. Hallelujah!

This was after a nap as you can tell from the bedhead and sleepy eyes. I stood her up- teaching bad habits, I know.



This week was all about Daddy since he turned 30, but Mary Ella is growing up too! She tried new foods: carrots, squash, and oatmeal. She is eating really well, suprise, suprise! Like I said, she can roll across a room, and she's not freaking out everytime I step out. Thank goodness! And she heard the words "no, no" for the first time this week. I figure it's never too early to start disciplining. She has started pushing my hand away when she doesn't want me to do something, like brush her gums. She heard "no, no." And she's hearing it when she tries to yank her oatmeal bowl out of my hand, or when she fusses when I put her arms in her shirt. I figure it won't be long until she knows what it means. :)
We had some beautiful weather, so we got out and about! We had breakfast Wednesday morning at Mimi's with Amanda and Ava and Lindsay and Gunnar. I think we might start some kind of playgroup, which should be fun. We made our usual trips to Kroger and Target, and we also made a trip to Firefly to get an imprint of Mary Ella's sweet hand made. They do it twice a year, and I think I'll get it done both times this year to see how much she grows. We also took some walks around the neighborhood and to the playground. ME is big enough to face forward in the stroller now, and she loves it! She thinks she is so big looking all around!
This weekend we had a big time with Brad's parents and Mike, Julie, and the kids. The Marvins made an exciting big announcement, but I don't know if I can talk about it yet. Hopefully Julie is going to start a blog too! Anyway, Saturday was gorgeous, so we had a pizza picnic at Pinnacle State Park. We did a little hiking and took some pictures. Saturday afternoon the boys watched the Hog game while the girls did a little shopping, and that night we celebrated Brad's birthday at Yaya's. Enjoy the pictures!

Aunt Julie and Mary Ella

You can see Pinnacle to the left of Brad.



Papa was her ride.

Look at that blue water!

Brad, the explorer









At dinner

Looking at Papa







Doesn't get any better than this!
P.S. Mary Ella went to her own Bible class for the first time Sunday morning. She has just been coming to class with us, and I thought it was about time. I didn't want to just drop her off and run in case she got upset, so I sat back and watched a while. Well, the girl never looked back! She did great! When I picked her up the sweet ladies said she was busy and happy the whole time. That's my girl!

1 comment:

  1. She's adorable! And don't worry, you aren't teaching any bad habits! She will learn to stand in her crib no matter what you do and then everytime you go in to get her, she will be standing! Good times!

    ReplyDelete