Saturday, December 5, 2009

17 Weeks

Seventeen Weeks Old
If you're thinking it doesn't look like she's growing, you'd be right. She's stuck at 10 lbs. 5 oz. She hasn't gained weight in 3 weeks. And it's all MY fault. Evidently my sources tapped out at about 3 ounces, and she should be getting 6 by now. I have suspected that something might be going on, but it's so hard to tell. I thought she might just be petite. And she's so content AND sleeping through the night, so you wouldn't think she was hungry. Anyway, I took her to the doctor AGAIN to have her weighed and was terrified to see her weight hadn't changed. I felt like a failure. I was surprised my doctor didn't slap me and send me out with a stockpile of formula, but I guess she has some faith in me. She gave me a prescription that is supposed to help in that area, and we are going to keep close tabs on her weight to see if it's working. She just said we have some "catching up to do." Please pray I haven't stunted my child's growth. But on to happier things...

Bring on the Christmas outfits! Mary Ella wore one everyday this week, and I think we will just repeat that until the big day. This is one of my favorite times of year! I love getting ready for the holidays: decorating, shopping, wrapping, giving, getting together with family, eating alot, and remembering the reason for the season. I have been reading to Mary Ella, and I was telling Brad how much she enjoyed Chicka Chicka ABC. Well I guess he decided he would one up me by reading the Christmas story to her from her little pink Bible. I heard him the other night rocking and reading it to her. So sweet! Anyway, this week I finished the Christmas decorations, and this is what Mary Ella was up to during that time...

Hangin' in the bouncy seat


Trying to eat her feet- she can get her big toe in her mouth now!


And just-a-swinging. You can tell she got bored.
We did a little bit more shopping, and on Friday I met a couple friends from church and their kiddos at Firefly to make some special Christmas ornaments. All I have to do now is pick up a few more gifts and get everything wrapped. Then we are going to sit back and enjoy it all until Christmas. I hope to take some pictures of the house and post them soon.
Chillin' in her Bumbo- she thinks she is so big sitting up in it!




She is holding her head up well, but gets a little droopy when she's tired.


First Christmas pj's


Reading her Christmas book




You know I love that she is interested in books! Teaching reading was my favorite part of teaching.

Trey, Mary Ella, and Anna Claire


This was the sweetness that was at our house Friday night and Saturday. Trey and Anna are so good with Mary Ella. They entertain her and love on her. Anna likes to hold her hand and count her smiles. She also held her and helped give her a bottle. Trey had his Little Rock birthday party at our house Saturday night. He has two other sets of aunts and uncles here, so hopefully we will never miss another one of his parties. Happy 4th birthday, Trey!
P.S. Mary Ella's 3 month portraits are ready! And they are precious. I'm pretty sure we're going to order a giant one to go over the mantle. You can see them at http://www.kellybittlephotography.com/ . Enter the site, cick on client proofing, and type in maryella.

1 comment: