Sunday, December 13, 2009

18 Weeks

Eighteen Weeks Old


You get lots of attention when you have a baby. People aren't interested in you- they just want to ooh and ahh over your baby, which is fine with me. So, we were out shopping this week, and an older lady was leaning over the stroller looking in at Miss Mary Ella. She was wearing her cute Christmas feather bow pictured above. And the lady said, "Oh, she's so cute. Look at that green hair." And then she just walked off like that was normal. I didn't know whether to feel bad for the lady or be upset with myself for going overboard with the feathers. Maybe she just couldn't see well because she did have to have help writing her check. Anyway, I thought it was funny and a little strange.
This week Mary Ella and I wrapped presents and ordered our Christmas cards. Tuesday night we had a great visit with our friends, Sara and Jesse. They brought baby Evan down to Children's to check on his kidneys. We totally knew what they were going through, and we were so thankful they got a good report. On Wednesday Mary Ella had her four month check up and still weighed 10 lbs. 5 oz. She hadn't gained a single ounce in one week, so we are starting to supplement with formula. We're going back in 2 weeks and 1 month to track her growth. Actually, I'll probably take her in next week too just for my piece of mind. Other than that, she's doing great!
On Friday we had a nice outing. Had lunch with Brad and ran a few errands. That night we cooked steaks and watched a rented movie. Saturday night we went out to eat at Copeland's. Sunday we made it to early worship and Bible class and had a great brunch at Ya Ya's afterward. It was like our first regular weekend since she's been here. It's nice to get back in the swing of things and feel like you can do all the things you used to. It's different, but manageable.
Bed head and sleepy eyes

2 comments:

  1. Jessica, I love keeping up with y'all!! I can't believe they are already 18 weeks!! She's such a cutie pie! I'm so glad she is sleeping so well for you!! What time are you putting her down at night? I'm putting Emma down by 7:00 but she's waking about 5:00- which by all accounts is great, but just would love to go a little longer:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's a great schedule too!! I totally understand what you're saying about wanting Brad to have time with her too- that's important! We go through the same thing here! If I could get Jack to sleep as well as Emma, we would be doing good!! He has been a great sleeper all of this time, until Emma arrived!!:) Just all part of it I guess!! I'm really glad to hear y'all are doing well!

    ReplyDelete