Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter Weekend 2012

This Easter was the first big holiday we have spent away from family, but I really think we made the most of the weekend. And we ate really well! Friday night- Sombra, Saturday lunch- Babalu, Sunday lunch- Biaggi's on the patio...mmm! I tried to make a reservation for Sunday brunch, but all of our favorites were booked. Apparently nobody cooks Easter lunch anymore. But what can I say? I didn't either! I asked Brad if he wanted me to make a traditional Easter lunch, but he said we could just go out. I'm glad because I haven't quite figured out how to cook a big lunch and go to church and have it all come out successfully and in a timely manner. I promised him that I would make a ham and deviled eggs and all the fixings one night during the week. Anyway, back to our weekend...

We took Mary Ella to paint her Easter egg.


We made a bunny cake.

We dyed Easter eggs.



Rhett got into the paper towels.





Bowing

And of course, the Easter bunny came!

That's what you call a rat's nest!



She loves her princess tent!

Rhett's first Easter morning




Before church...so thankful for these two and a risen Savior!






As I was putting my pearls on before church, ME decided she wanted to wear some. So, she is wearing my pink pearls from Chinatown in San Francisco. Maybe she is ready for some of her own. Hint, hint, Daddy ;)

And after Sunday naps, we hunted Easter eggs.






Where is the golden egg?


It's okay, Rhett, next year you will be out there too!




Happy Easter!

1 comment: