Friday, July 29, 2011

Second Trimester

16 weeks

20 weeks

24 weeks

This second trimester has flown by! I'm feeling great and getting lots bigger, as you can tell. Seems like I'm way ahead of schedule this time, but I've only gained 7 pounds so far. I have been trying to get to the gym 4 times a week (2 yoga, 2 water aerobics), but it doesn't always happen. My maternity clothes spent most of the past 12 weeks sitting in my closet floor staring at me. I got the bags down a long time ago, but I couldn't bear to put the yucky band pants on yet. I was wearing mostly dresses or stretchy pants at home until we went to the beach. Then I decided it was time to dig out the ol' maternity duds. Oh well! It just means Rhett is growing, and that makes me happy. In fact, it feels like I have a little monster in there. He feels SO big already! Kicking me high and down low. He is very active! But this is the most fun time in pregnancy to me! Not too uncomfortable yet, but able to enjoy feeling my baby move because he's not too crowded yet either. I felt him for the first time at 14 weeks and by 16 weeks Brad could feel him too. We haven't done anything to Rhett's room yet, but I have most of it planned in my head. We have picked out a crib and bedding. I need to find curtains, and I know what rug I want. Still trying to decide on whether we need another glider or not, may just recover ME's. But I really want to keep hers in her room, because I know we will spend a lot of time in there while she plays. I think we may just choose from several old rocking chairs in the family and have some comfy cushions made. My mom has 2 dressers to choose from for a changing table, and I need to paint a couple of pieces of furniture that are in there now and will probably stay: a bench with a lid (for blankets or toys) and maybe a bedside table to go beside the rocker. Just a little glimpse at what is going on inside this head of mine. Add in 2 upcoming birthday parties for ME and thinking about how I will have everything ready for Christmas before Rhett's arrival, and you have a Mama that can't turn if off and go to sleep some nights! I think I need to convince my mom that I am going to need her the whole month of November! After the baby comes of course, but I'm thinking I will be crazy before then too. Already decided the tree is going up right after Halloween, AND I have to convince the family to come here for Thanksgiving this year! Oh boy!

And here is a funny picture that ME will hate one day! She is very good in the waiting rooms at my appointments because she is usually having a snack or playing with stickers or just entertaining the other patients. But it's not easy to keep her contained in the exam room. Brad and I were uptight about it at first and told her not to touch anything (gross), but what are you gonna do?

No comments:

Post a Comment