Monday, February 15, 2010

Rice Cereal and Big Girl Bed

We gave Mary Ella rice cereal for the first time Valentine's night. At first she just wanted to grab the bowl and spoon. She thought it was something new to play with.



Then...once Daddy got her hands out of the way...hmm...so this is eating. After this picture my camera battery went dead. She made some yucky faces, shivered and gagged a few times, and you can just imagine what her tongue was doing. But she was always interested in coming back for more. She ate the whole 3 teaspoons I fixed. Then that night we decided it was time for her to sleep in her crib in her room. Bye, bye bassinette! I gave her her bottle like normal, rocked her a bit, but made sure she was awake when I layed her down and did not swaddle her. Not good. It could have been worse, but the 20 minutes she cried seemed like forever! She woke up a couple times, but we never gave in and picked her up. Good job, Mary Ella and Mommy and Daddy!
P.S. During the crying session I was watching the video monitor and all of a sudden Mary Ella's furry sister, Ginger, came to the rescue. Yes, she jumped up in her crib to try to help! I guess she thought she would take matters into her own hands since we weren't doing anything to help. I ran in there, got her down, and closed the bedroom door. But until ME fell asleep Ginger was very concerned sitting outside the door.

This was rice cereal round two, camera battery fully charged the next morning. You can tell she is definetely into it!

Open wide!

Tastes kinda funny

Hmmm

I think I like this!

And this would be me not getting it to her fast enough. Just as I suspected, the girl is going to love to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment