Sunday, February 7, 2010

26 Weeks

26 Weeks Old



I love this outfit! It was a Christmas gift from Gigi and Papa.

She was licking her shoe!

26 weeks old- that's half of 52! I may have to start taking her weekly pictures in her chair. It is getting hard to get her all in it on her changing table. She is so big!
Mary Ella tried out her high chair this week and really likes it. It's better than the Bumbo on the kitchen counter because I'm afraid she's about ready to sneak out of that thing. She has been sitting in her high chair while I fix supper and while we eat. I just give the girl her wooden spoon, and she is good to go. She figured out how to bang it on the tray the first time we put her in it. Not bad, huh? Next week is her sixth month doctor's appointment, and after that we will start her on rice cereal and go from there. I think she is going to love to eat! She sure likes her bottle. She has a new game when she's done, that is if she's not mad about it being gone. I say, "All done." She looks up at me, tightens her grip, and smiles like, "Just try to take it away from me." It reminds me of the scene in Meet the Parents when Ben Stiller tells the flight attendant if she wants his bag she'll have to pry it from his "kung fu grip." It's so funny! She plays with it for a while, and then she'll finally let go.







My mom brought this dress when she came to visit. It was mine when I was little, and it was so sweet on Mary Ella.





What?





We got out a few times this week, but it is still cold and rainy. We made excursions to the grocery store, Hobby Lobby, Belk (Clinique bonus time), and Cupcakes and Caterpillars. We also found a new baby store that I'm pretty sure I love called The Toggery. Friday night we had a date night with Daddy at PF Chang's where Mary Ella got her first taste of fried rice. Not really, but almost. I was holding her while I was eating, which I'm still not great at, and before I knew it she reached down and got a handful of it. I got it before she had it in her mouth, but it was a close one! She also goes after cups and water bottles. She either thinks she wants a drink of water, or it reminds her she's hungry and wants her bottle! She got ahold of my mom's the other day and turned it from upside down to right side up and took it to her mouth. She is getting good at manipulating and transferring objects from one hand to the other. Gigi calls that good eye-hand coordination.



Face to face- She LOVES Ginger!
I never thought she would notice her this soon, but she loves her kitty. And thankfully Ginger tolerates her too. I wasn't sure how Ginger would take being booted to number two (she was our baby), but she has always been okay with and even curious about Mary Ella. Even when she was little and crying Ginger would come and see what was going on- you would think she would leave the room, but it never seemed to bother her. Mary Ella gets so excited when she sees her. She starts kicking her legs and reaching. We have let her touch her fur, but that's when Ginger usually decides to leave. Sometimes we chase her around the house, and Mary Ella loves that game. She even has this new sound. It's called, "Uh!" with emphasis. It's not a very attractive sound, but it's what she says when she sees something she wants, like Ginger.

Getting ready to roll

"UH! I want that!"

Here I go!

Got it!

Yay! I did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment