Monday, February 15, 2010

27 Weeks

27 Weeks Old
(This picture reminds me of the Heisman trophy pose.)









Look, Ma! No hands!
Yes, it's official. Mary Ella is sitting up all by herself! Kelly confirmed this Thursday when she took Mary Ella's 6 month portraits. She took lots of cute ones of her sitting up and showing off her new trick. I can't wait to see them! I took her Easter basket, and we took some of her in it too. This week we were homebound most of the week because of the snow and taking care of a sick daddy. It started last Sunday night and snowed all day Monday. It was beautiful and stuck around most of the week. We finally got out Wednesday to run a few errands. Then Thursday we had breakfast at Panera before ME's pictures. Friday was her 6 month appointment. She got 3 shots and did not like them one bit! Poor thing. She let out a high-pitched scream we had never heard before. I'm so glad Brad goes to her appointments with me because I just can't watch that part. The good news is she is no longer a runt. She weighed 17 lbs. 1 oz.! That's the 70th percentile (up from the 7th percentile and up 7 pounds from just 2 months ago)! She was 25 1/2 inches long- 40th percentile. I have always wanted a fat baby, and Mary Ella is quite the chunky monkey! I love all her rolls! After her appointment we finished our V-day shopping at TJ Maxx and headed to Target for some baby essentials. Dr. Ahart said Mary Ella was ready to start her new diet! We got her some rice cereal, baby spoons, and bowls. I'll post pictures of this big event all by itself. Friday night while Gigi and Papa were on their way for a visit, Brad and I ordered pizza and watched a movie. Mary Ella is so good about letting us do this. She just plays while we watch together. Saturday Brad and Papa put a gas insert in our fireplace, and the girls went shopping. We came home and watched the game together, then Mommy and Daddy had a date night!! We went to see Valentine's Day and ate a yummy dinner at YaYa's. It was wonderful! Sunday we went to church and visited with Gigi and Papa before they went home. Thanks for always being willing to babysit. And thanks for taking her early on a Saturday morning so we could sleep in!! Love ya'll!
Changing table= fun time!
Please excuse the bad hair and no make-up. We were getting ready to go to bed. I just wanted to remember how sweet the girl is on her changing table. She just has the best time talking, singing, squealing, kicking, laughing, and looking in the mirror. She always has! This is where she loves to grab my face and pull me down to her and give kisses. What a sweetie! This week she also learned how to "Aw wa wa" like the Indian call. She sings while I put my hand over her mouth and take it off really fast. I showed her how to do it once, and now she loves it. Smart cookie!
Look at those arms!





Lots of hearts this week! She wore a cute hot pink sweater with this outfit when we went out.

This is her serious face.



Watching the Hog game. It was quite the let down.



After church

Lots of love in the air this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment