Monday, February 8, 2010

First Super Bowl

Why does this deserve a "first" post? Because football is THAT important in our family! Since our Cowboys lost and Favre choked, Mary Ella and I decided to root for the Saints. I thought we might as well keep it in the South! I actually have mixed feelings about New Orleans. I love the history, culture, art, the French Quarter, beignets at Cafe Du Monde, the antebellum homes, the Cajun accents and attitude, and most of all I LOVE the food! But there are some very questionable things that go on down there. I mean I have been on Bourbon Street on a Saturday AFTERNOON and saw things that embarrassed me. It's like another world down there! But after all they went through during hurricane Katrina, I think that city deserved a win. It was bad enough being in Jackson and going through that storm. I'm glad they won, and I'm glad it was a good game! We missed our Lifegroup's Super Bowl party because Brad wasn't feeling well, but we still had a little party of our own. We ordered Larry's Pizza and ate hot fudge sundaes. Geaux Saints!

No comments:

Post a Comment