Sunday, February 7, 2010

6 Months

I'm 6 months old!
Yay!

Isn't she sweet? I can't believe my baby is 6 months old! In 6 more months I'll be planning her 1st birthday party! While that sounds like fun I just keep thinking, "Time, please slow down!" Teachers wish their life away. I know because I did that too. And I loved my job, I loved my kids, I loved making a difference. But you just always feel like you need a break- it's a very demanding job! You can't wait for Thanksgiving break, then Christmas break, Spring Break, summer, etc. And while being a stay-at-home mom is very demanding too, I can't say that I'm wishing one single day away. I LOVE my sweet girl! I love every day with her, and I am trying to soak up every moment. Appreciate every smile, every laugh, every tear. Enjoy every discovery, every little thing. And I haven't enjoyed any month more than this one. Mary Ella is so much fun, and dare I say, easy? Yes, our days are easy- they go by so fast. So again, time pleeeeease slow down!
















Mary Ella,
You are just a darling 6 month old girl! Everyone notices how sweet and good you are, and your Mommy and Daddy are more smitten with you everyday. Here's what you've been up to:
  • You are getting so big! You weigh 17 lbs. 1 ounce (70th percentile) and are 25 1/2 in. (40th percentile) long.
  • You wear a size 2-3 diaper and 3-6 month clothes. But we're more on the 6 month side these days. You don't mind getting dressed as long as it's not tight going on!
  • You drink five 7 oz. bottles a day and are getting ready to start rice cereal. We think you are really going to love to eat. And you will if you're anything like us! You eat at about 8, 11, 3, 6, and 8:30.
  • You go to bed at 9:00 and get up between 7 and 8. You have set your own schedule. I never really forced one, because I didn't have to. You should go to bed earlier, but sometimes Daddy works late, and he wouldn't get to see you if you had an early bedtime. You usually need me a time or two during the night for your paci. I touch your little face, you grab my hand, and you go back to seep. Most mornings you wake up at about 6:00, but I put you in bed with us and we sleep a little longer. We don't usually get out of bed until Daddy leaves.
  • You take 3 naps a day: about 30 minutes in the morning, 1-2 hours in the middle of the day, and 1-2 hours in the afternoon. You still sleep much better snuggled up on my chest than anywhere else. You wake up alot by yourself. I have to re-insert your paci and put my hand on you, and you go back to sleep. And I have to admit, I usually hold you during your afternoon nap. I know I should stop doing this, but by that time I'm ready to sit down and watch Oprah and Paula Deen, check my e-mail, and chill until Daddy gets home (because I run around like a crazy person getting stuff done the other times you are asleep). I just don't think there's anything sweeter than watching you sleep- I love to snuggle with you too. So, I'm not ready to give that up yet. And I keep thinking, "It won't be like this for long." So I'm going to enjoy it as long as I can.
  • You still want to be swaddled for bedtime. You can get your arms out, and I have tried to lay you down without it, but you wake up and cry. So you are a swaddle addict.
  • You are still in the bassinette in our room. This is mostly because I'm lazy, and it's easier to crawl to the foot of the bed than to walk to your room. But this month we are moving you to your crib. I think you might sleep better without hearing Daddy's alarm in the morning.
  • You are a busy girl! You play every second you are awake. You entertain yourself very well, but you want Mommy in the same room. You cry if you realize I am gone. Not that I leave you alone much, but sometimes I do need to run to the bathroom or make a sandwich. You are not a self-soother! That's one thing we need to work on!
  • You can roll from your belly to back and back to belly. But you don't really get that you could get places doing this. You would rather sit up to play than lay down, so I don't know when you'll start to crawl. Aunt Julie says you're not lazy, just content.
  • You are almost sitting up by yourself. You just need a little support.
  • You are a licker! You lick and look, lick and look, lick and look at everything!
  • You're very good with your hands. You can pretty much grab and move whatever you want. You are really into grabbing our faces: noses, chins, mouths, eyes, and hair.
  • Ginger is your new best friend. You say "UH!" and want to grab her when you see her.
  • You are really starting to appreciate games like pat-a-cake, ride the horse, and peek-a-boo. When I throw a burp cloth overy your face you can take it off and smile when I say "peek-a-boo." You also help cover and uncover my face with my hands when I play peek-a-boo.
  • You like to play rough with Daddy. He throws you up in the air and tickles you, and you just laugh and laugh. You have the sweetest laugh.
  • You like to play keep away with your bottle when it's done.
  • You still love bath time. You are starting to kick and play in the water. I sing songs while I wash you, and you always laugh when I sing the booty song. :)
  • You are very vocal. You hum sometimes when I rock you. I'm not sure if you are singing yourself to sleep or trying to keep yourself awake.
  • It is so easy to tell when your sleepy. You rub your eyes and fuss a little, I pick you up, you put your arms around me, put your head on my shoulder, and I rock you to sleep.
  • You get excited when I read to you. Your favorite book is Chicka Chicka ABC.
  • You love your exersaucer, and your favorite toys are your Very Hungry Caterpillar, your rattle, your ABC wheel, any teether, a wooden spoon, your musical giraffe, and you love to drive your car that Lynn gave you.
  • I could go on and on about you sweet girl. It's not that I think you are Superbaby. It's just that everything you do is special to us because it's YOU doing it. We love you, Mary Ella!

Flashback

8.7.09

9.7.09

10.7.09

11.7.09

12.7.09

1.7.10

2.7.10

2 comments:

  1. That was soooo sweet!!! I'm so glad y'all are doing so great!! I'm also glad you posted her in her highchair. I hadn't even thought of that yet!! We'll have to get ours out now:)) She's a doll!! Isn't it awesome being able to stay at home with her!!!:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right. Time just flies by!! You are right to soak up every moment! Mary Ella is really growing! She is precious!

    ReplyDelete