Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Six Weeks

Six Weeks Old

This week was a big one! Well, actually it was pretty lazy because of all the rain, but Mary Ella is starting to do some fun stuff. I love hanging out with her everyday, and just waiting to see what she'll do next. Brad asked me the other day if I liked staying home with Mary Ella better than teaching. I told him that was a dumb question.

I can tell her eyesight is improving. She turns her head to watch me. Her eyes can follow me across the room or even upside down. She turns her head when someone is holding her and she hears my voice or even my laugh. This is her on the changing table following me with those big eyes.

She has discovered there is a mirror above the changing table, and she looks at herself and me in it. I also know she has more control over her arms and legs. The other day I was making silly faces at her. I could tell she was focused on my mouth so I opened and closed it, smiled, stuck out my tongue, puckered my lips. You know, I was looking like a fool. Anyway, she reached up and touched my mouth with her right hand three times!

She also loves when I kiss her on the mouth. She opens her mouth and can't wait for another one. She also sorta gives me kisses back. I'll put my cheek down to her face and she just opens her mouth and gives me a big wet one.

Tummy time is improving. She can move her head from one side to the other and hold it up for some time. She loves her real bath. She just lays there and takes it all in. I think she was just cold before when we couldn't put her in the tub.

Mary Ella has found her voice, and how sweet it is. She coos and oohs and ahhs. I think she is trying to laugh with some of her smiles, but it sounds more like a squeal. My favorite time with her is right after she wakes up and is so alert and happy, and we just talk back and forth. I LOVE it!
She is enjoying more exercise time on her back and tummy. She can entertain herself for about 10 minutes kicking and moving her arms. That gives me time to take about 1/2 of a shower instead of having to wait until she is asleep. Here she is wrestling with her alligator. She's not too into toys yet. She would rather look and talk to someone or kick about without anything interferring.

She tries to eat his nostrils.


Talk to me, Mommy.


She is a scooter. This is towards the end of her nap. She starts out in the middle lying straight and ends up with her head against the bumper at the end and crooked. I guess this comes from her straightening and curling her legs under her. She has some strong kicks!

No comments:

Post a Comment