Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Football and Five Generations

The real deal. Fayetteville, Saturday, Arkansas Football. I love the anticipation and excitement of the first football game in Fayetteville. The tailgating, fall in the air, the crazy fans, and the memories it brings back of my college days and dating Brad. This past weekend we traveled again to Northwest Arkansas for the Georgia game. As I'm typing this I wish I could say that we won our SEC opener, but it just wasn't so. It was however an exciting game, 41-52. I can't remember when I've seen a shoot-out like that from an Arkansas quarterback. I heart Ryan Mallet. Why can't we ever have a good offense and defense at the same time? Oh well, we are just happy to be there and have something to cheer about.

Mary Ella traveled beautifully again. She stayed with Gigi while we went to the game, and Sunday she went to church in Johnson for the first time. There was a line of friends waiting to meet her after services! Then she went to The Catfish Hole for the first time and out to Farmington to meet her Great Great Grandmother Dewey. Mary Ella is lucky to have two sets of Great Grandparents, but Dewey is her only Great Great. She has 15 great-great grandchildren age 5 and under!

Brad, Mary Ella, and Dewey

Five generations: Brad, Rita, Dewey, Mary Ella, and Oma Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment