Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Five Weeks

Five Weeks Old



We started the week by taking Mary Ella to church, and she was a sweet angel again.

But when we got home she decided she was ready for her Sunday lunch too.

I think the face she is making in this picture is hilarious. I wish I knew what she was thinking.
This week was a busy week. We had 3 doctors appointments in 3 days. Not my idea of a good time, but Mary Ella did great getting out three days in a row. I had my follow-up appointment, and she had her one month check-up. She was up to 8 lbs. 7.5 oz., and was 21 1/4 in. long. The doctor was pleased with her growth, and Mary Ella took her shot like a pro. I couldn't even watch of course. It's a good thing her daddy was there. We also had an appointment at Children's Hospital for an EEG. I haven't mentioned this before because I didn't want to alarm everyone if it was no big deal, but Mary Ella has been having some tremors in her sleep. Her arms and legs jerk rhythmically. It's not a startle, and it doesn't wake her up, but it really freaked us out. We let her doctor know a few weeks ago, and she said she couldn't say it was or wasn't a seizure. But she ordered the EEG to see if anything was abnormal with her brain activity. It was a very sad experience walking into that hospital and seeing our baby's head hooked up to so many wires. But she did so well- never made a peep. We got the results back, and everything looks good, so hopefully it is nothing or atleast something she will grow out of.
Getting ready for Mommy's doctor appointment.

She got a little tired of waiting in the waiting room. Me too!

All tuckered out after her one month check-up

Getting ready for her EEG

Again, knocked out after her trip to the hospital

Her toe got caught in her gown. Too cute

4 comments:

  1. She's is perfect. What else can I say? I am so thankful that everyone got good doctor's reports this week. (Thank you, Lord!) It has been a glorious nine days in Canton - heading back to Kansas tomorrow. I was so tempted to drive by your old house and spy on it, but decided it might be too sad. Doesn't God work out all things for good, though? I am so happy for you! Blessed beyond words. Lots of love, AE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how big she's getting. I'm so glad all her tests came back normal. That is very scary. She's beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, I'm so glad everything is ok!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear that everything turned out OK at the doctor's office! She is looking so sassy in all her bows and outfits. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete