Monday, September 28, 2009

Seven Weeks

Seven Weeks Old

Sweet eyes and lips


In action


Can't decide if she's happy or sad


Sweet talking Mommy


I see you!


Just another sweet week with my girl. We are getting into a little bit of a routine. Mary Ella is sleeping for 3-4 hour stretches at night. She gets up to eat in the middle of the night and again in the early morning. After that she gets in bed with me and we snuggle and snooze after Brad leaves for work. She wakes up a happy girl and is very alert, active, and talkative after her breakfast. She may stay awake or take a little nap until her next feeding, and then takes a good nap in the middle of the day in her crib on most days. That's when I get some Mommy time (AKA a shower, eat, and do a few things around the house). When she wakes up she pretty much wants to eat every 2 hours and be held or have my attention at all times. We exercise, watch some TV, and she loves to nap on my chest until her daddy gets home. When Brad gets home we juggle baby and dinner and hang out until bath and bedtime. Oh, and I almost forgot about changing about a hundred diapers a day. That's what's going on in our family these days! LOVE it! This past weekend was great. My mom came Friday because my house was in desperate need of a good cleaning. I didn't make her do it of course, but she watched Mary Ella while I worked and ran some errands. And she was nice enough to stay Friday night so Brad and I could have a date night. Every Friday night used to be date night in Mississippi, but we haven't had one of those in a while. Thanks, Mia! Then Saturday we got some family portraits made with Mary Ella and came home to watch a disappointing loss to Alabama and more college football. It was a lazy weekend, but we were due one of those. I think it was the first weekend we have been home alone together in our new house. Can you believe that?

2 comments:

  1. In that first picture....there is something about the way she is looking I swear she looks like Linda! She is beautiful and growing so fast!!! I need to plan a trip to LR soon so I can see her again! Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is BEAUTIFUL! they grow up SO fast .. mine will be 2 in december. last night she ran into the living room and said "love you mama. i want fish!." savor the baby days! and let's say a prayer for those HOGS this weekend ... we need a win! :)

    ReplyDelete