Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Valentine's Day 2009

This is one of my Valentine sweethearts. I say one, because I had about 26 this year. I received chocolates, flowers, and jewelry. What more could a girl want? Oh, and Brad got me an i-pod. :)

I have the sweetest class this year, and I have really been looking forward to telling them about the baby. My last doctor's appointment was on the morning of our Valentine's Day party, so when I got back to school I decided it was a good day to break the news. They were so excited! They were giving each other high fives, hugging me, and saying, "Yes!" One of them said, "Oh, Mr. Harriman is going to be so excited! When are you going to tell him?" Precious! Isn't that funny that they would think I would tell them before Brad? I guess I am doing my job of making each child feel special. One of my boys went home and told his older brother, (whom I had taught a few years ago) "Mrs. Harriman is having a baby, and it happened at the party!" This same child all year has hugged me around my waist and hangs on for a while. I told him that I think the baby must already know who he is. So sweet! I have also gotten lots of good suggestions for baby names. Mostly they think I should name the baby after them! It has really been fun sharing this experience with them. I know they will always be special to me.

Valentine's Day was bittersweet for Brad and me. We didn't do anything fancy, just went to see a movie and cooked in. We are in love with the meat and produce at Fresh Market! Anyway, with every holiday or event that passes I think in the back of my mind, "Well, that was the last time it will ever be like that." I know once the baby comes I will never look back, and we will have more joy than we ever imagined. We are just kind of set in our ways and maybe a little selfish with our time together. It will be an adjustment. Next Valentine's Day will be different, but I'm sure there will be more than enough love to go around.

No comments:

Post a Comment