Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring Break '09

Brad and I headed to Hope the first weekend of Spring Break. It was great to see my family and update everyone on baby news. We spent our Saturday night in Lewisville, AR at the National Wildlife Turkey Federation Banquet. Yes, I said turkey banquet. My family and my husband are VERY into hunting of any kind. I am actually a disgrace to the family because I'm not a hunter. I happen to be the only grandchild that has not killed a deer with my Pa. I knew my brother would be excited if I were having a boy because of all the fun things they could do together, but he has been suprisingly just as excited about a girl. When we got to my mom's house he had made a pan of PINK Rice Krispie treats with Mary Ella's initials in peanut M&M's!

On Monday, we headed to Dallas. Brad attended a finance conference, and I just went along for the ride. I loved being able to do as much or as little as I wanted. Sleep in, maybe go to the gym, lunch with Brad, shop, dinner, repeat. The weather was great, so I even got to lay by the pool one day. Our hotel was right in the middle of downtown, so we had quite a view.


Our hotel was right next to Reunion Tower (the ball), so we made reservations one night to eat in Wolfgang Puck's new restaurant at the top of the tower. We both agreed that the atmosphere was better than the food. The restaurant actually rotates as you eat, so you get a 360 degree view of the Dallas skyline. It takes about 55 minutes for it to turn one time. These pictures really do not do it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment