Sunday, October 4, 2015

C is for...

Candy Corn...which he may have had trouble having the self-control needed to use as craft materials instead of straight snack.  I helped him make a really cute owl at the library with candy corn claws.  I took out the six he needed and told him he could eat the rest.  Before I could get them glued down there were only 4...
Cookies for Razorback game day...yay for a W against Tennessee!
Rhett's football he rolled out, cut, and decorated...he may have had trouble with having the self-control needed to not eat the cookie dough corners ;)  We talk a lot about self-control. ;)  Just now before naptime he prayed for God to give him some.  Don't we all need an extra portion?!
And C is for silver dollar City!  ME was out of school on Friday, so Julie and I loaded the kids up and went for it!
It was a gah-orgeous day for it!  We had so much fun!  And it wasn't crowded, so no wait times!
The littles and I hung out in the Fireman Landings kid area for quite some time.  They played in the ball pit for as long as they wanted, and they road every ride at least twice.  So much fun!  Rhett and ME passed up their first chance to ride Thunderation, but they decided at the end that they were brave enough to ride it!  So, that was our finale!
Thanks, Juju for the fab idea!
And a side note for ME...I had her first teacher's conference on Monday.  Mrs. Marshall had so many sweet things to say about her.  I was so proud.  She said that she is reading on level C, which is where she should be at the end of kindergarten.  And she thinks she will move up soon!  She showed me some of her writing, and I am blown away at how much she has improved since the beginning of the year.  There was one about tigers that had 3 sentences.  And she used the word "also," which sounded very mature. ;)  She said ME is her helper and gets her mail and answers her phone.  She said I should hear it.  "Hello, this is Mrs. Marshall's room.  How can I help you?  May I ask who's calling?"  She said she is a wonderful example to her friends, and everyone in the class wants to do what Mary Ella is doing.  And all the boys love her and follow her around at recess, but she is very humble about it.  Oh my! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment