Sunday, October 18, 2015

Pumpkins, pumpkins

Gotta love the corn pit!
 The last week the pumpkin patch came to Rhett's school.  It was fun to see him interact with his teachers and friends. 



His sweet little class..minus a couple



Mrs. Sandy emailed this and wrote a note that said she cracks up every time she looks at Rhett in this pic.  She said that she really enjoys the days he is in class. ;)



I love to decorate with pumpkins...tried out some new things this year.

Painted a pumpkin for ME and Rhett...they have them in their rooms.  Funny story about Rhett's pumpkin...you know we sometimes have bedtime shenanigans.  Well, Rhett loved his blue pumpkin.  I was putting ME to bed one night, and when I came in Rhett's room I noticed his pumpkin in his closet.  He told me he put him to bed.  They (he and his pumpkin) read stories together, he tucked him in, they said prayers, sang a lullaby, and did some crafts.  I almost busted out laughing at crafts.  (And Rhett is very particular about that word vs art.  If you color, draw, or paint, that is artwork.  If you cut, glue, or make something, that is a craft.  I cannot remember what we made one time, and I told him that I loved his artwork.  He said, "no, Mama, this is a craft."  Ok).  So, back to crafts with his pumpkin.  The next day, I was tidying up, and I moved his pumpkin out of his closet to his dresser, and I noticed bits of paper on the floor of his closet and scissors on a shelf.  So, I picked up the paper, threw it in the trash, and put the scissors away.  When Rhett discovered that I had cleaned up his mess he wailed, "Mom...that was the craft my pumpkin and I made."  Ha ha!  They really did do arts and crafts in the closet!

Painted pumpkins from our first trip to pumpkin patch
This boy has always loved a pumpkin.  From the time he could barely walk and lift them, he has loved to pick up, move, and pick pumpkins.  We have a good time choosing just the right ones!  Side note:  After going to a restaurant that had Halloween decorations, Rhett informed me that our house was not spooky enough for Halloween.  We needed more decorations to make the house haunted. (This coming from the boy that is scared of everything).  I told him that I didn't really like scary decorations, but I did love to decorate with pumpkins.  We decided that we could make some, so one afternoon this week they got after it.  ME and he drew pictures of mummies, ghosts, cats, bats, etc, and we hung them on the walls.  I think that would qualify as an "art" to Rhett Law Harriman. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment