Monday, June 10, 2013

Today


 
Today, I had the first semi-normal day I have had with my kids in probably 3 weeks. (If you can call living in a hotel and doing laundry at my sister-in-laws house semi-normal!) But it is our new normal until we sell our house and settle into our new life in Fayetteville or Springdale or wherever we decide to buy. Y'all, please pray for our house to sell quickly (and for a decent price). This mama just does not do well during transition and uncertain times. Life is just crazy right now and will be for a while. Anyway, back to today...I had such a great day with my kiddos. I enjoyed them so much! Snuggling with both kids in bed with me watching Mickey Mouse. Mary Ella jumping on the trampoline at Julie's saying, "Mama, watch this!" about a million times. Playing ring around the rosies and all falling down. Taking turns choosing books, but still fighting over Mommy's lap. Cleaning Cheeto fingers. Folding little clothes. ME and Mommy time until brother woke up from his nap. Rhett jumping face first into the pool. Funny conversation over Japanese take-out. Wet babies wrapped in towels. Playtime (with no fighting) before bed. Rhett shaking his hand and quoting Mommy's "back to the zoo" in Good Night Gorilla. Folded hands for prayer. Rhett said "Gigi and Papa" and "amen." Holding tight hugs and kisses...

So, you're probably thinking what's the big deal? Aren't you home with your kids everyday doing those things? Yes, I am. But some days I'm too busy to ENJOY it. I spend more time disciplining and making sure they are fed, clean, and dressed than I do actually enjoying it.  Does that make sense? So, I try to remember the words of Jen Hatmaker above, and I can honestly say that today I did. Please God, forgive me and take away the distractions for the days when I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment