Monday, June 3, 2013

Arkansas 3, Mississippi 2

 So...we're moving back to Arkansas!  Brad is going to be the CFO of the VA in Fayetteville.  We've been crazy busy (or my mind has) with all that that entails.  Maybe that's why I've been such a blog slacker lately.  This will be our 4th move in 10 years and hopefully our final one.  I don't even know how to express how happy and at the same time sad I am.  We are leaving so much, but coming home to more.  Our heart has always been with our family, and we have made the decision to raise our babies where we think they belong.  I tried to take a cute pic of my kids in their Arkansas t-shirts to make the announcement on FB.  Isn't it weird that that is how we share and receive our news these days?  Anyway, I thought the photos were comical.  I can't even remember which one I thought was the "best."









What I'm going to miss about Mississippi:
  • Our wonderful friends and church family, hands down that is the hardest part.  I am so, so thankful that after 7 years of hard work and planning, we were able to see the church of Christ build a permanent home in Madison.  What a huge blessing!
  • My kids' sweet friends and their mommies
  • Our town...I wish I could just pick up Madison, Mississippi and bring it with me.  It is so nice and new and beautiful and safe.  The perfect size.  The friendliest people.
  • Our home...I think it will always be my favorite house
  • Our neighborhood...it is SO convenient to everything
  • Madison Station Elementary and friends...I knew I had a home to go back to whenever I wanted to teach again
  • Brad's boss, Lynn, and the great people he works with.  We'll also miss his compressed schedule...7- 4:30 with every other Friday off.
  • Dr. Karen Cole...best OBGYN ever!
  • Ms. Emily and Ms. Amy, dance and gymnastics teachers
  • Maley's Swim School
  • All of the fabulous parks, splash park, zoo, children's museum, science museum, art museum
  • The shopping: Sweet Dreams, Lemon Meringue, Pop Fizz, Hopscotch, Leap Frog, Material Girls, Inside Story, Pine Cone, Persnickety, Mason Weiss, Libby Story, Pink Mascara, Impromptu, Helen's, Shoe Choo, Smitten
  • Mistletoe Marketplace and Canton Flea Market
  • Swing into Summer, Livingston Farmer's Market, A Day in the Country, and all the other free and fun events
  • The food: Char, Local 463, Julep, Mint, Shapley's, Corner Bakery, Broadstreet Bakery, Stix, Parker House, Strawberry Café, Table 100, Sal and Mookie's, Cock of the Walk, Babalu, Hamil's, Soulshine
  • Bread pudding and grits
  • Lisa Patti and Jeanelle Caraway 
  • Being close to the beach and SEC school towns
  • Smocking and monograms...what am I going to do without Kerri Cox???
  • The accent
  • Double names
  • Kroger
  • Kroger
  • Kroger

No comments:

Post a Comment