Saturday, January 12, 2013

Christmas 5 of 2012

Cole and Jenn came to Mississippi the day after Christmas.  They stayed for a few days and had Christmas with us.  Mama was supposed to come, but she was still sick.  So, we had to re-schedule Christmas again with her.  My cousin gave me a gingerbread pan and mix for Christmas, so I made it and let Mary Ella decorate it with Super Uncle Cole and Aunt Jenn.  This was the day after we got home.  We stayed in pajamas all day and played with new toys.  I unpacked and did about 100 loads of laundry.
Rhett peeking through the glass table.


All done

You can see the wild man's not happy in this photo.
The very next day, I made Christmas dinner, and we ate in the dining room on Mimi's Christmas china.  Cole and I have had many Christmas dinners at this table together.  When it's your turn to be the hostess, you realize how much work your grandmothers put into making those holiday meals for the whole family.  This year ME got to sit at the big table...maybe next year I'll trust her with the silver and china. ;)


Pre-meal family photo



 
 
Think I love my brother much?  I did all of this for him.

Dressing, peas, corn, crawfish-stuffed chicken, sweet potato casserole, rolls

After dinner, we opened presents from Cole and Jenn.  This is also when the kids opened their gifts from us. 



She has enjoyed all the puzzles she got for Christmas!  I think this one has 24 pieces, and she can do it ALL by herself!


Candyland became an instant favorite.

They thought Super Uncle Cole needed help with his gifts.


Five down, one more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment