Sunday, August 19, 2012

41 Weeks


41 Weeks Old
We lowered the bed this week.


Mary Ella started gymnastics!  There are 6 little girls in her class, and it is precious!  I was surprised by how cautious she was, but then again she usually is the first time she does something.  She wouldn't let go of her teacher's hand on the balance beam.  I was talking to her about it after class, and I explained that it would be okay if she fell because the mats are soft.  She wasn't convinced, and got a little upset when I insisted she must let go and do it on her own.  She said her teacher "wanted to help her."  I let it go at that comment, but we went to the park one day and practiced walking around on the plastic boundary thingies.  I showed her how to hold out her arms to help her balance, and I showed her how to put one foot in front of the other in the middle of the beam.  She gained some confidence, so fingers crossed that she will let go and go for it next week!  I also want to remember that she refers to the foam pit as jumping into "the cheese."  I'm guessing because the pieces are yellow and triangular.  Ha! 

Oh my goodness, the cuteness!


And this boy is a wild man at gymnastics and at meal time.  How does he get so messy when I'm feeding him?!  We were busy around the house this week getting ready for ME's bday party.  I ran more errands than I'd ever like to...but everything came together just in time.  I can't wait to post pictures!

Look who crawled from the living room to the kitchen this week!

Thursday morning Michael and Ann Elise came over to play.  We were so happy they were in town for ME's birthday party too!  We tried to get a picture of all three kids...
But it didn't work out too well!

This is the best we could do.


Thursday after naps, we met back up at the Livingston Farmers' Market.  It was adorable, and I will definitely be going back before it ends in October.  They had a huge waterslide for kids that ME would have loved!  They had vendors selling handmade products, art, fresh produce and baked goods.  I bought a loaf of cinnamon bread, a loaf of cranberry almond bread, apple butter, and blackberry jam.  They also had live music and a cooking demonstration by the chef at Nick's.  There were picnic tables set up, and we bought brick-oven pizza fired right in front of us.  ME was very impressed with the guys throwing the pizza dough in the air. It was a really nice night for a picnic! 




After the farmers' market, we made a stop at Orange Leaf...it got a little crazy up in there!  AE and I decided right then that we needed a Mommy's night out.  So we did it!  Saturday night I had a girls' night out at Mermaid's with Ann Elise and Sara.  It was fabulous and much needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment