Monday, May 28, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

I decided at the last minute to go to my mom's for Mother's Day.  So after the birthday party on Saturday, the kids and I packed up and headed west.  We got there in time to meet Cole and Jenn for supper in Hope, and then we unloaded for what I thought would be a few fun-filled days in the country.  I had to be back to host a shower at my house on Sunday, and then Rhett had his 6 month portraits scheduled the following Monday.  Well, none of the next few days went as planned.  But the actual Sunday of Mother's Day was really special.  I got to worship at the Patmos Church of Christ with Cole, Jenn, Mama, Nanny, and Pa, and the two sweetest babies that made me the luckiest mom in the world! 

These pictures were taken outside of the church in Patmos.  I think the population sign says maybe 82 for that town, but the church is still thriving there.  I like to claim it as one of my home churches because I spent so much time there when I was growing up.
After church we all went to Stamps and ate fish at the Get n Go.  I thought it was a pretty unique idea until we showed up and saw how crowded it was.  We actually had to wait for a table!  The fish was good, but I have to say the best thing about the meal was dessert...fried chocolate and fried blackberry pies.  Yum!
Dear God,
Thank you so much for all the moms you have blessed me with in this life to learn from.  From my mom to Brad's mom, from grandmothers to aunts, from sisters-in-law to sisters-in-Christ, from friends to friends' moms.  I would like to give You the glory and them some of the thanks in showing me what it means to be a Christian mother.  And thank You most of all for entrusting me with these two beautiful and pure and precious souls for a little while.  I truly take this job as a privilege and honor, as my purpose in life.  If I succeed in any other area, but fail as a mother, what good have I done?  Please don't let me fail them.  Please don't let me fail You or fail to show You to them.  I feel closer to You because of them.  As I serve them, I feel like I'm serving You more than I ever have...and their children and their children.  It is the only way I know to leave a worthy piece of myself behind on this Earth.  Please help me impact the outcome of their souls.  Being a mom is such a humbling experience.  I am constantly second-guessing and feeling insecurity and guilt because of choices I make as a mom.  But, please help me make the big ones count...the ones that really matter.  And please keep me humble.  It reminds me that I don't have all the answers, but You do.  Help me to seek and find those answers.  Please help me to teach the way You would have me to teach, discipline the way You would have me to discipline, give the way You give, forgive the way You forgive.  And please, please let me love them like You have loved me. 
In Jesus's name,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment