Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Heart Swells

I think probably every pregnant girl gets emotional around delivery time, and I'm no different. And I'm sure I'll be an even bigger mess when Rhett gets here. I have been in crazy mode for a few weeks trying to get everything ready, checking my "to do" list, and I felt like crap all last week. It was a very busy week, and I was determined to do everything I had planned...like I was just ticking each one off, just getting through it. And I'm glad I did, and Halloween was fun. But I'm glad it's over, and I'm glad I feel better this week. I said I was going to put up my Christmas decorations right after Halloween, and that's what I've done. It's all ready except for the 2 trees, and I'm waiting on Brad or my mom to get here to help me with that. (I'm not rushing the holidays. I usually like to decorate right after Thanksgiving, but I want to have it done early this year. I just want to sit and relax and hold my baby in front of the tree when he gets here). So, I think I'll have the trees up by the weekend, and the only other thing I really need to do is get one last good cleaning in on my house. And then, it's time to bring on Rhett!

"Be still and know that I am God;" Psalm 46:10

So, back to the emotional part. I have had some time this week to slow down, enjoy every moment with Mary Ella, point out the beautiful colors of changing leaves, and just take it all in. God is everywhere and has His hand in everything! I feel an overwhelming sense of thankfulness and peace. My heart swells seeing these 4 stockings hang on the mantel. I bought all 4 of them 6 years ago. Mine and Brad's came monogrammed and have been with us at 3 different houses now. The red and green polka dots were folded in the bags they came in, and the red one got monogrammed and joined us almost 3 Christmases ago. The green one got monogrammed as soon as I found out we were having our Rhett. I know it sounds silly, but I just feel so blessed to have taken the leap of faith in God 6 years ago to buy those 2 extra stockings for the 2 kids, one girl and one boy, that would be to come. Thank you God for remembering me, hearing my prayers, and giving me the greatest desires of my heart, a loving husband, a beautiful daughter, and a son on the way.

"Delight yourself in the the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

Our family has had its fair share of ups and downs, but I hope I can always be grateful and stand firm in my faith no matter what is in store. So right now I want to remember how blessed I feel to have Mary Ella and Rhett. So many people have trouble getting pregnant or have horrible experiences or lose babies. We got pregnant the very first time, both times. Thank you, God! Both pregnancies have been smooth, and I couldn't have asked for a better labor and delivery with ME. Thank you, God! I pray that Rhett will get here safe and sound and be a healthy and happy baby, but I'm not promised that. Anything can happen, but I will praise God no matter what!

"Every good and perfect gift is from above," James 1:17

And speaking of gifts, check out these precious videos. I have also been SO emotional thinking about my firstborn. She is my heart...I just wish I could bottle her up right now and save this sweetness forever. And I have to admit it makes me want to cry thinking about losing any time with her (sorry Rhett). I know when he gets here he will fit, and I will love him just as much and be just as proud of him. But I also want to remember these sweet days when it was just her and me, and right now our days are shortly numbered. I am just SO thankful I have the opportunity to stay home with BOTH my babies. Thank you God and Brad for that one!


Little Bo Peep and Baa Baa Black Sheep- my favorite part is when the "little boy who lives down Align Centerthe lane" sounds like "little booty"


Little Miss Muffett and Wee Willie Winkie- Did you catch "turds and whey" and "eighty o'clock?"


Two Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed


Jesus Loves Me- sort of, not her best rendition, but still so sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment