Monday, January 25, 2010

24 Weeks

24 Weeks Old

Can you tell we love Trumpette socks? They are wonderful- stay on and go with everything!

This week just flew by! Mary Ella plays so hard everyday. She plays with toys in her bouncy seat while I get ready. Then we play on a pallette in her room. She rolls around from her tummy to her back to her side (she is so close to going from back to belly). She licks, shakes, and throws toys. Then she plays with a wooden spoon in her Bumbo while I make her bottle and tries to grab everything on the counter. We go upstairs, and she plays sitting propped up on the couch with her toy basket (she already is taking EVERYTHING out of it). She plays on the bed while I fold clothes. She plays in the kitchen in her bouncy seat while I fix dinner. She plays in my lap with a toy during church and never makes a peep. And now she plays in her cool, new exersaucer! The girl plays and plays and plays all day. She is very content playing by herself.....IF I am close by. I don't have to be constantly interacting with her for her to be happy, but sometimes if she looks up and I'm gone...Oh boy! I think it may be the beginning of some separation anxiety. She does this with Brad too. If I have her, and he walks away she fusses. And if he has her, and I walk away she fusses. She gets over it, but it's funny how she is already so observant. What a girl! What a busy, sweet, and happy girl!







Mary Ella licks EVERYTHING! Sure she puts stuff in her mouth too, but she mostly sticks her tongue in and out and licks stuff to test it out.

Happy girl

Wooden-spoon lickin'

Paula Deen-in-training

She chewed on her fingers alot this week and was fussy a couple of afternoons. I am wondering if she is beginning to teethe?







Mommy's girl
Saturday we had a family outing to Babies R Us and Dillard's. Brad and I had a yummy lunch at Pei Wei while Mary Ella napped. And Sunday after church she was a doll at Ya Ya's while we had brunch with friends. Thank you Mary Ella for being so cooperative! Everyone says what a good baby you are!

I will be sad when she is too big to wear gowns. They are so sweet!



Wild woman!





Right after I took this picture, Mary Ella took her first fall. She spotted Ginger, her hands went out, she leaned forward, and flipped off the chair! It happened in the blink of an eye. Her head went first, but thankfully her booty had enough weight that it made it all the way around and she landed on her backside instead of her head. Bad Mommy. I scooped her up, she cried for a second, and then we kept taking pictures. I think it just scared her.

Obviously okay, thank goodness! I just love my new Nikon camera I got for Christmas. It takes great pictures, even when you are taking them of yourself! Ha!

Giving Mommy kisses- LOVE this!

No comments:

Post a Comment