Friday, August 28, 2009

Three Weeks

Three Weeks Old

Chubby cheeks





This is the face I see every night in the middle of the night. Daddy changes her and brings her to me, I feed her, burp her, change her again, swaddle her, and then she's wide-eyed and ready to talk. It's tempting to stay up and enjoy every minute, but I do need my sleep. So, we rock a little bit, I put her down, and we go right back to sleep. Such a good girl.


This was our first week at home on our own. We had more visits from friends and family and went out to eat with friends for the first time. She made it until the souffle came out, and then she decided she wanted dessert too! Early in the week Mary Ella had some very fussy days, and I was beginning to wonder where my smiling, happy baby went. She cried and seemed like she was in pain every time she was awake. We are crossing our fingers it's not colic or reflux. I talked to the doctor, tried a couple things to help her tummy and by Thursday I got my baby back. Thanks, Gripe Water!

2 comments:

  1. Ok... us too!!!! We used gripe water last night for the first time and it seemed better!!! Which one did you use and was there anything else you did???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...gripe water is great! I will be praying that's all it is. She's so beautiful! I'm going to try to plan a Little Rock visit within the next few months because I have so many friends there. We will have to get our little angels together! I know Mary Ella wants to meet her first boyfriend...ha!

    ReplyDelete