Thursday, June 18, 2009

Maud Shower

When I tell people where I'm from I say "from around Texarkana." That's because no one has ever heard of Maud, Texas. But that is where I grew up, and I wouldn't have it any other way. It is a town in northeast Texas of about 1,000 people. I graduated with 30 people, and most of us had been together since kindergarten. It is one of those small towns where "everybody knows everybody." It's really like a lot of those country songs about small towns. Well, this past weekend I went HOME. I have not lived there since I graduated, and my family no longer lives there, but it is still like home to me. I went to church where I grew up and got to see so many people that meant so much to me and had a huge part in making me who I am today. My best friend Michelle threw a baby shower for Mary Ella at her beautiful new home. It was so great to see everyone and feel their love and support as Brad and I start our family. Thank ya'll so much!
The hostesses, Michelle and Neelie

My college roomate, Ashley



My two helpers, Leslie and MacKenna



This ruffly outfit was from her Mia.

This precious gown, cap, and blanket may have to go to the hospital with us. They were from Mary Ella's Great Auntie and Cousins Sissy, Dana, Leslie, and Cole.

LOVE these!

Michelle went after Brad's heart with this one!

This outfit and the following gown were handmade by my friend Scott's mom. If she lived closer I would be putting her to work! Do you see those shoes???

There was also a monogrammed burp cloth that matched.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Was all of that loot from one shower? You racked up. That stuff is so cute. Mary Ella will never wear the same thing twice! Also, I love the Razorbacks gown. It will go so great with your "shirt." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Ella is going to be the best dressed little girl in all of Arkasas! You got so many cute things! You know I love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She will be one well dressed little girl! My goodness, I've never seen so many handmade outfits! Gotta love smaller towns! They're the best! Too bad little boy clothes just aren't that cute...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay.
    I don't know what to say.

    You are blessed, little one.
    AE

    ReplyDelete