Sunday, June 1, 2014

Ladies Brunch

Gigi and the girls
 Saturday morning the leaderettes at church hosted a ladies brunch on the front lawn.  We were encouraged to wear a fancy hat.  Diane Murray let me borrow my red hat.  It was fun to be served by the little girls.  Mary Ella thought she was something else carrying around the trays of food.  The food was delicious, and the company was even better.  The girls led songs, gave speeches, and put on a puppet show about how to be a Godly woman.  Mary Ella led "I've got peace like a river."  When they sing it at school they say, "I've got peace like a river in my soul, but not my shoe!"  I asked her why she chose not to sing that version, and she said that she didn't want the ladies to laugh.  I think she sensed that it was a fancy and special occasion.  I'm so proud of how brave she is and so thankful we're back at home with our Johnson family where I know she will learn how to be a faithful servant in the church.
I'm so not a hat person.  I would have a hard time fitting in at the Kentucky derby.


And a few more recital pics from Gigi's phone



No comments:

Post a Comment