Wednesday, June 4, 2014

It's Summatime!

Here they are before the puke hit the fan
 So, ME's school has been out, and dance is over.  Our only weekly commitments are gymnastics, church, and Bible study and how many times we want to go to the summer series at the library or work out at the gym.  It's summatime!!!  I took the kids to NaNa's house Monday and deep-cleaned my house.  It was in serious need, and now that is out of the way and my life feels more in order.  I cleaned my nasty car too!  We have been doing a lot of playing and eating picnics outside.  Last weekend, I got a kiddie pool, and the kids stayed outside last night until bathtime.  Today was supposed to be our first day in the 90s, so we were planning on going swimming in the big pool for the first time.  And then ME began throwing up at who knows what time this morning.  And then Rhett was a limp noodle when I finally got him out of bed at 9 and didn't last 5 minutes after his conservative breakfast of crackers and Gatorade (I was anticipating it).  So, instead of swimming we are having a Tinker Bell marathon on the couch and keeping our fingers crossed that Mommy stays well.  Oh well, there will be plenty of hot summer days ahead. I'm sure of it!
Here they are swapping the germs
P.S. I forgot how fun it was to take both children to Wal-Mart for groceries.  That was a Rhett and Mommy thing to do while sis was at school.  They fight like cats and dogs, there and everywhere!  Another thing I'm sure we will be consistent with this summer.  When I feel like cursing that store (almost every time I go), I try to remember that I should just be thankful that we can walk in there weekly and buy what we need to eat and so much of what we want.  Thank you, God, for food and cat and dog fights in the summer in Wal-Mart! ;)
P.P.S. I miss Kroger and the grocery car!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment