Tuesday, June 17, 2014

11th Anniversary and Father's Day

Brad and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary over the weekend.  Joe and Rita kept the kids all weekend, so we were able to mix some fun with some relaxation.  Friday night we ate at Chuy's, which is sooo good, and watched You've Got Mail because we couldn't find a movie we wanted to go to or rent.  Saturday morning we got up and got ready, had breakfast in Eureka Springs, and did some shopping in Branson before settling into our room at the Chateau on the Lake.  We had a yummy dinner there and an even better brunch Sunday morning.
We gave Daddy his Father's Day gifts early since we were going out of town, and this is Rhett not wanting to take a pic with Daddy.  We got him up from his nap for the occasion, so he was a little grumpy.
Still grumpy

Bribed him with a piece of old pop tart on the counter, so we got a little smile.

We made the "We love Dada" shadowbox before I saw these brilliant ideas...
Love the shoes and ties
I wonder what mine would say...maybe next year or anytime really.  I'm putting them on here, so hopefully I will remember the ideas for next year!
My cousin sent me this picture of my dad and brother on Sunday.  It made me happy to know he is still remembered and thought of.  I know I think about him and miss him everyday.  I wish so badly that he was here to see my kids.  He would have been one fun and crazy grandpa!  And I'm pretty sure he would think they hung the moon, just like Mia does.
Daddy and me

Love and miss you, Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment