Sunday, May 4, 2014

War Eagle Mill

 Saturday was the warmest day we have had so far.  It was an absolutely gorgeous day to be outside, so we were!  Gigi and Papa took us out to the War Eagle spring craft fair.  The kids loved the creek and waterfall by the mill.  We had funnel cakes and lemonade for lunch. And came away with nothing more than a $5 peacock for Mary Ella.  That's pretty impressive!
Papa love
He could throw rocks in the water all.day.long.
Shoes came off
Sleeping with her peacock ;)
Daddy has been gone turkey hunting this weekend, and we're sure ready for him to be home.  ME usually sleeps with me when he is out of town, but Friday night ME spent the night with Gigi and Papa, which meant a "Mommy and Rhett" night and morning.  So Rhett got to sleep with Mommy.  We had the best time!  We got ice cream after supper and snuggled up on the couch for his favorite, Little Einsteins.  We got in bed at about 8:30, and I bet he talked and talked for an hour before (I thought) he went to sleep.  I crawled out of bed to call Brad, and before I knew it he was up with his paci and blanket after me.  We talked to Daddy and got back in bed.  I was planning on staying up to watch a movie, but I just snuggled up to the boy and went to sleep.  He patted me, told me, "I love you, Mama." "You're the best Mommy ever." And randomly started singing, "You are my Sunshine."  Oh my heart!  Saturday morning, he was ready to play!  We played hard, had breakfast, took a bath, snuggled in bed some more, and got ready to meet up with sister.  When I asked him if he was ready to go get her he said, "Nope."  Ha!  I have no doubt how much he loves her, but I'm pretty sure when he gets a chance for some one-on-one time, he is going to soak it up.  Love him so!

No comments:

Post a Comment