Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Wilson Park

 Today we braved the granola at the Fayetteville Public Library for story time (there may or may not have been a lady wearing a necklace and headband made of flowers she had tied together herself breastfeeding right beside me...which is okay, really, I'm just still getting used to it...not something you would have seen in Madison, MS...kind of like a group of moms hoola hooping at the park on a play date, like not with the kids with themselves...but anyway).  Afterward we ate a picnic lunch and explored at Wilson Park.  It's so weird to be a grown-up mommy and take your kids to a park that you used to frequent as a college student.  It's where I used to run before I had my knee surgery and where Brad and I used to go and walk and talk while we were dating.  Or sit in a parked car and...read his Bible.  Seriously, some great memories there!

They found the creek to throw rocks in.

Sweet girl


He loves a good stick.

This gymnast can find a balance beam anywhere we go.


She was climbing like a monkey, and I just let her go for it today.  She was so proud of herself and told me (and a lady walking her dog) that she was so strong because she ate all of her chicken pot pie last night.  Now that is a blog post all on its own.  She is still a terrible eater.  I won't even say she is just picky.  It's a battle, but lately we have been having some victories.  Like last night, she ate her mashed potatoes and roll, and I braced for a battle over a few bites of the main course. It took some encouraging for the first bite, but then she picked up her spoon and shoveled every bite down.  I was amazed.  She was using some strategy though.  She said, "Look, Mom.  I'm closing my eyes, and I can't even tell I'm eating vegetables." Ha!  I was watching her after taking a very large bite, and I could see the panic in her eyes.  "Like, oh no, I am eating vegetables, what am I going to do."  And then she started to gag.  I just said, "Don't.  You can do it."  And she got that bite down along with the rest on her plate.  Very encouraging!  And nice to hear her still be proud of herself the next day.  Maybe it will happen that easily again, maybe?

Can you spot ME in this picture?  On our way back to the car she said, "Mom, I don't need you anymore.  I can climb by myself."  Okay.


Of course brother threw sticks and grass and anything he could pick up into the water.

"Cheese" face


Beautiful day with my babes!

No comments:

Post a Comment