Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

 We hosted Thanksgiving at our house this year, and no one even had to drive 8 hours to get to us!



 Funny story: This was Rhett's second outfit of the day.  We were still loosely trying to potty train, and I had put him in a pull-up when I got him dressed.  I had been in the kitchen all morning, and Mary Ella ran in and said, "Rhett's in the toilet!"  I thought she meant playing in the toilet, but he had actually fallen in the toilet.  He had pooped in his pull-up and I guess thought he needed to do it in the potty (a little too late for that), so he pulled the stool over to the big potty and sat down and had fallen in.  Only his booty got wet, but we did have to do a whole wardrobe change!




I didn't take pics of the food, (it was all super yummy) but these are my desserts: cupcakes and the salted caramel chocolate pecan pie from the cover of SL.  Good, but waaay too rich!  And I love my turkey platter Gigi gave me!

Amen!  I could not live a day on this earth without the love of God, the sacrifice of Jesus, and the presence of the Holy Spirit in my life.

Adults sat in the dining room and kids in the kitchen



After lunch we all went to see Frozen.  It was a great day!

This is Brad making fun of the marshmallows on my sweet potato casserole.  I burned them, not once, but twice under the broiler.  The first time we scraped them off, the second time we just had roasted marshmallows on top.  He, apparently, thought they looked like big, nasty moles.

We went to Mia's for Thanksgiving round 2.  It was even more delicious than the first.

So thankful for my little turkeys!

No comments:

Post a Comment