Thursday, November 21, 2013

The rest of October

Took some pics of my kids in front of the house after I got pumpkins out.  Ahhh...


Boy loved moving pumpkins...had to re stack my stack many times

True life


Wish I could explain how he says "pumpkin."  I should record it.  It's like pookin.



That face




It feels funny when I turn my head in this turtleneck. ;)


Oh my sweet pumpkin!

And sassy!

Then I wanted to take a sweet pic of them hugging...

But it wasn't that sweet



Sometimes when they fight I just let them go at it for a while...or take pictures of it.  Does that make me a bad mom?


Little punkin head

This Sunday we had evening services outside.  The kids rode horses and four-wheelers, we ate hamburgers and worshipped around a bonfire.




And face painting
From the iphone in the month of October...
New house!
My island was this green color...forgot to take a beginning pic.  I wanted it to be blue.  I did Annie Sloan old ochre on the edges, so there would be another color come through when I sanded it.  Now, I am no painter.  This was the first time I had done ANYTHING like this.  I've painted old furniture, but never something as important as a kitchen island!!! I planned to pay someone to do it, but the painters were going to charge more to paint the island than our WHOLE dining room (which had gold walls and black trim btw)!  So...I (Brad) decided I would do it!  Rhett and I were there the Monday the painters taped off the dining room, and it took me just as long to tape off the island.  I was sooo worried about messing up the floor or the granite or the whole thing!
 
After Annie Sloan duck egg blue...painting was easier than taping to me!  Maybe because Rhett was at NaNa's house ;)

 

After!  I didn't get too crazy with the distressing...just around the edges.  I LOVE it!

Outside evening worship at Prairie Grove Battlefield Park

Littles singing Jesus Loves Me

Halloween dress Mommy appliqued!

Boy loves a good stick

Rhett got into the cupcakes at Gigi's house

Pumpkin patch day at school

When we drop sis off at school and get back in the car, Rhett says, "Mommy and Rhett day!"  This was a fun morning at the park

Beautiful sunset on my way back home from dropping the kids off for a week with my mom...it was beautiful and the most relaxed I would be for many days...came home to work like a dog unpacking my house.

Frame I got 1/2 off at HL for our new family photo

The night the kids got home, I took ME to the Walton Arts Center to see Beauty and the Beast

It was faaabulous!  And such a sweet time with my girl!

Family o' pumpkins

Painting pumpkins after nap time




Concentration ;)





Rhett's first time to paint...loved it!

Holly, Amelia, and me in art room at new Kappa house...don't know why we took a pic in the art room with all of the loveliness of the new house, but we did.  It was the dedication day and open house, and oh my goodness!  Those girls don't know how good they have it!  Truly amazingly beautiful!  Went out that night with some friends from my pledge class...so fun!

This was a painting that I loved in the dining room

The entryway was amazing!

Sunday cuteness

Now on to November...

1 comment: