Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

 Last year, everyone came to us for Thanksgiving because Rhett was only a few weeks old.  It was easier for us not to travel, and most of the family was coming to meet him for the first time.  I never thought we would get them all to come again, but it just might be our new tradition!  Not everyone could make it, but we still had a house full.  Joe and Rita and Hannah came on Tuesday.  Rita and I were in the kitchen most of the day Wednesday, and Julie, Mike, and the kids arrived Wednesday night.  Jenn had to work Thanksgiving day, so they couldn't make it until Friday.  Randy and his peeps couldn't make it because of work, and Mama stayed home to be with Nanny and Pa (we missed y'all!), but everyone who was there had a full Thanksgiving belly.  I don't know why we cooked like we were cooking for the whole crew, but we did.  And it was glorious, if I do say so myself!




I loved my flower arrangement even though my roses had begun to droop.  I went to Kroger on Monday to get everything, and that was it.  There was no turning back after that visit, so I just had to hope my flowers would hold up.  And they did for the most part.

The spread, minus the corn I forgot to put out. L to R...Granny Hollis's dressing, gravy and cranberry, mashed potatoes, ham, Pa's peas, broccoli and cheese casserole, sweet potato casserole, green bean bundles, rolls



Deserts: cherry pie, pumpkin roll, pecan pie, pumpkin pies, pumpkin chocolate chip cake

Family Thanksgiving pic
 

Marvin family...welcome to Mississippi, Gracie!

Gigi and Papa

Plus Hannah, she's like one of us now

It was so warm on Thanksgiving Day.  Good weather for some cozy coupe racing!



Hello, Hollywood

Papa is Rhett's best bud when he's around.  And he loves him some Gigi too!


Our Thanksgiving craft this year...we did their hand prints on cute, little square canvases that will be fun to get out and hang each year!
We had a laid-back and fairly relaxing little holiday.  Pretty uneventful compared to the kitchen fire and round the clock nursing sessions of Thanksgiving 2011. I know I was able to enjoy it much more!  The girls did some shopping, but nothing too crazy.  We watched movies, played with the kids, watched some football, ate leftovers, visited Christmas on Ice, and pulled off another fabulous meal, Saturday brunch.  Yum!  The Springdale, Arkansans went home Sunday morning.  We had another true Thanksgiving meal with Cole and Jenn after church on Sunday.  I only did dressing, peas, corn, sweet potatoes, rolls, and Jenn did dessert.  Monday, Brad went out of town, but Cole and Jenn stayed and had lunch and played with the kids for a while before they headed home.  So blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment